Comments about the M6 or MXT

NCBounty15

Forum Supporter
I am looking to upgrade here in a little bit, and feel that these two would suit my taste just fine. Anyone looking to sell one? I just wanted some comments on them, how they operate, ease, general remarks. Thanks, HH
NC

If you pretty much exclusively hunt parks the MXT might not be your best choice...its a great machine but I wouldn't rank it at the top for a coin shooter....not that I want to scare you away from the MXT because its a great machine and if there's a coin there it'll find it but it is just a little to "hot" for parks and what not{from what Ive noticed hunting my local parks with the MXT anyway}..now if you do both park hunting and relic hunting then the MXT might just be that happy medium for ya...of course this is only my opinion so hopefully someone with more experience with the MXT than I have will verify that.....the M6 is a fantastic coin shooter and a good relic machine from what I hear but I cant comment on it since Ive never used one.

The M6 is my first machine, and I really like it. After about 40 hours with it I'm still learning. I started out like gangbusters with it, cleaning out $4+ from the backyard, and a Franklin Half on my first time out. Since then, the learning curve has kicked in, and it's hard for me to find anything past 5". Went to a park with known silver in it, and all I could pick up was clad and canslaw, so I'm back in the classroom trying to learn the darned thing.
I think that since you have experience in the hobby, it would be easier for you to operate the M6, as I'm having a hard time in trashy areas, probably making bad adjustments and definitely bad decisions on what to dig. It's said that a person needs 100 hours behind a machine to become proficient with it, and I'm approaching that milestone, so I'm still patient, for now:lol: Hope this helps in your decision. Good luck!!

....not that I want to scare you away from the MXT because its a great machine and if there's a coin there it'll find it but it is just a little to "hot" for parks and what not...

If you are not after really deep targets, or are unable to retrieve them (ie. you better not use a relic shovel to dig in a manicured park), then set the Sensitivity to 6 or less. The MXT will settle right down and you can get any coins this side of 5 or 6 inches. :yes:

I use an M6 with the 6 X 10 DD for the trashy park close to home. Full of pull tabs. You just have to learn to trust your gut and diggin time will teach you well. I was out for a couple hours today and have really cut down on the junk finds. Got a clad quarter and 3 modern cents all less than 4 inches.
On the other side of the fence I use an XLT for everything else. Both are great machines once you learn to either trust what they tell you or in the case of my local park, get the junk cleaned out so the good stuff is easier to locate.

Wow, thanks for the comments, all. I now seem to be leaning a bit more towards the M6, but have a couple questions about it.
Does it have depth readout?
And can it tolerate wet beach sand/saltwater? Thanks,
NC

Wow, thanks for the comments, all. I now seem to be leaning a bit more towards the M6, but have a couple questions about it.
Does it have depth readout?
And can it tolerate wet beach sand/saltwater? Thanks,
NC

Yes, it has depth readout, 0" to 12". And yes it's ready for the beach. Go to the White's website or youtube for the instructional video. I watched that vid 4 or 5 times even before I bought the thing, and it made it easier for me right out of the box. Oh, for youtube, type in White's M6 for the vids.

Yes, it has depth readout, 0" to 12". And yes it's ready for the beach. Go to the White's website or youtube for the instructional video. I watched that vid 4 or 5 times even before I bought the thing, and it made it easier for me right out of the box. Oh, for youtube, type in White's M6 for the vids.

Thanks so much!! Man this is the perfect upgrade for me. I'll check those videos out. HH
NC

I started with a Bounty Hunter Quick draw and decided to upgrade. I did tons of research and decided on the M 6. I am glad I did. It is very easy to use, has VDI readings and tells you the depth. It works great for me in parks and on the beach. It is a coin and jewelry magnet. The 6-10 coil works better in trashy areas.

I started with a Bounty Hunter Quick draw and decided to upgrade. I did tons of research and decided on the M 6. I am glad I did. It is very easy to use, has VDI readings and tells you the depth. It works great for me in parks and on the beach. It is a coin and jewelry magnet. The 6-10 coil works better in trashy areas.

Good to hear, thank you. HH
NC

Oh, I'm not too sure....from what I'm hearing, maybe 6-7" at a slow pace....(Others can comment on this) I'm really not too sure, Vito. HH
NC

For that both machines will work properly. The M6 is a silent search machine which offers 7 tone target ID. (Right for coin shooting.)

The MXT offers a threshold, which can be very helpful on really deep targets. What I like most on the MXT is the 2 tone target ID. There the discrimination point (low tone / high tone) is changed with the dial of the disc knob. So I'll assign the point of good and bad objects.
The setup of the MXT can be changed for a silent search machine also. The sensitivity will be the same, but you'll not listen to the faint changes in the threshold hum and with that miss the deep whispers.

Videos on You Tube... if you look closely the fellow with the White Beard is using an MXT! (Someone in another thread pointed this out to me)

I too am struggling to decide which unit I should get between the M6 and MXT.... I will hunt the beach about 50% looking for old coins & jewelery, the other 50% on dry ground looking for coins, jewelery and perhaps a Meteorite or a bit of gold might be nice a relic here and there would be good too... which unit should I look at? The MXT has a coin and jewelery mode... I don't see that on the M6 year I hear its a coin and jewelery magnet.

Back
Top Bottom