Back over 100

DFX-Gregg

Elite Member
Finally got back over the 100 coin mark, did not do it last week for first time in a while. That is why no pics lately...Soil extremely dry and hard. Has only rained one time this month here! So I had to make changes, went back to stock coil to help me out of slump, smaller coil was not getting any depth at all due to dry compacted dirt. Also took advantage of the flexibility of the dfx by switching from my modified coin program to their EEPROM high trash program, got the job done! :)

108 coins a mood ring and a Canadian penny different from my others. Says 1867-1967, so I am guessing it is from 1967 with on bird on back, lower center of picture.

Attachments

• june 25th.jpg
    june 25th.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 253
Nice haul Gregg. I have tried that high trash program, but found it to be a little unstable here where I'm at. Maybe I should try it again eh.;)

Nice haul Gregg. I have tried that high trash program, but found it to be a little unstable here where I'm at. Maybe I should try it again eh.;)

With the ground getting so hard I had a couple bad hunts last week in this hard soil I needed to do something, stock coil change of program seemed to work today.

Last week was very frustrating to be going over areas where i was only getting surface readings with the 5.3 coil....I finally figured this damn hard ground has made it closet material until it rains again. Someone else tipped me off and told me at least the stock should penetrate enough in some of these area where i am 100% sure there is a ton of clad. I live in a city of over 2 million people so clad is not hard to find....the silver/gold is though...:(

It just keeps adding up! I like having days where there seem to be quarters all over the place. I love the way they hit on the DFX with ToneID on.

Thanks hope you all get a chance to get out soon...made it out today..picture is coming nothing to great but if I find over 50 coins I post a pic...

Good haul.

I hear you on the rock hard ground. The other day Nate and I went out for 45 minutes. I dug a wheat penny at 7 inches and it took at least 5 minutes to dig through rock hard clay to get it.

Only other alternative is woods hunting with few targets.

Hey Gregg, it is a Centennial coin, there are 5 or 6 in this series, and each one has a different aniamal, Heres a link to the coin you found, also found one a couple months ago.

http//en.wikipedia.org/wki/Image:Carlb-penny1967centennial-01.jpg

Good haul.

I hear you on the rock hard ground. The other day Nate and I went out for 45 minutes. I dug a wheat penny at 7 inches and it took at least 5 minutes to dig through rock hard clay to get it.

Only other alternative is woods hunting with few targets.

We finally got some rain but my batteries died after 2 hours and 48 coins in a park. The forest preserves have not been to good for me this year....have got a few wheat pennies...but very low coin totals as you said. If I am going to hit 10,000....the forest preserves don't help much....I hit can after can!!!!

Back
Top Bottom