A season of firsts

jason4kstate

Hi I'm Jason and I'm from Kansas. I've been in and out of this hobby for years but now I can honestly say I'm permanently hooked. I use a White's Classic II that I bought several years ago. Im a poor college student so I cant buy a real fancy machine right now. However, I hope to save a little up and buy a modest machine later. The machine I use can be fickle but I've learned the sounds and made some decent finds. I just found this forum a few weeks ago and Im seriously impressed. Since I started up again I have made several firsts:

1st silver coin: A beautiful 1942D Merc
1st foreign coin: A 1979 East German 10 pfenning
1st wheats: 1937, 1946
1st silver ring: A silver Jesus ring

Others pictured: A really cool 1965 dog tax tag (its the shape of a dog head)
-cross country medal
-.925 ring with a mother of pearl heart
-a silver ear ring with no markings with a synthetic stone init
-a gold angel pin (?)

I also found a 10k class ring. It was a weird find because I personally know the owner. I lived in the dorms with him for 2 years and he is a pretty good friend of mine. Any help or tips about using the classic II would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMGP0599.JPG
    IMGP0599.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 253
Great finds! The folks on this forum are fantastic, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Besides being "friendly" they also inspire you to keep hunting and offer honest advice, along with a fare amount of humor. I've certainly enjoyed my short time as a member here.

Back
Top Bottom