Any Pistol Probe owners here?

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Just wanted to get the low down on this pin pointer. I have a few Garrett Pro Pointers and have tried the Minelab Pro find 25 but am hearing this Pistol Probe blows others away.
Does anyone on here own one? How do you like it? Have you also owned a Pro Pointer and how does it stack up against the Pistol Probe?
Thanks
Choppa

Yes

I have the pistol probe, its a nice pointer, but with the e-trac it seams to interfere a tad with the audio, maybe because its a PI set up, I pick up the Garrett the most ,more hand friendly, I am waiting for the new Whites, it's hitting the market soon, I like 2 things, hand friendly like the Garrett, and the AA option in addition to 9V , Earl

I have one. I use it along with the Garretts to make a first determination before the dig, assuming the tector suggests a depth on the target 2-3 inches. It hits coins at 4 inches in the air. Not certain it hits 4 inch buried coins though. I also probe the hole when I find myself struggling to get the Garretts to ping, and the Pistol's extra range gets me onto the deeper target quicker.

It is a large pointer to carry, looks like a pistol, isn't very well made IMO...sorta cheap case. It isn't proximity alert like the Garretts. Here's the main thing I find fault with it is the audio volume. The least breeze blowing or semi close road traffic, and the tone volume is easily washed out. Forget about with running with PHs on and hearing it at all. Another thing is the power button. It requires lots of thumb pressure to kick it on. It does loosen up some with time though.

If Whites new PPr does hit coins at 4 inches, then it would be a far better bet to get that one. Lots cheaper than a Pistol Probe. It does find stuff, don't get me wrong. I found 2 Barber quarters, a Barber dime and a Buffalo nickel in about half an hour of hunting. I left my Garretts at home by mistake so I had to solely trust the Pistol that day.

I could live without the Pistol but not the Garretts. I am interested to see what the Whites TRX is actually like. martin

Love my pistol probe. Got rid of all three propointers. been running the pistol probe 3 years same one:lol: Fixing to get a couple whites pinpointers when they are released. Just depends on what you like. I'm so used to the pistol probe the propointers started driving me nuts. If the Whites goes fairly deep I can give the pistol probe a rest. Some days I think the cops show up to see what I'm carrying. I don't ever put mine in the holder. I carry it in my hand. Out here if it's so slow you got to put a pointer up I find a better place to detect:lol:

I have one and don't use it much, it's harder to carry then the pro pointer, and it lacks volume, making it hard to hear. It goes deeper than the pro pointer, but the pro pointer makes it easier to find your target, because how the sound intensifies when your target is at the tip.

Back
Top Bottom