ATP 8.5" 11" coil

gopowercat

Got my atp in 2 weeks ago. I love the 8.5'' 11'' stock coil but do I need a different coil for tot lots, heavy trashed tot lots ect? I want to use it freshwater hunting too. I know this coil goes deep but do I need a smaller one, too? What are the advantages of having the 11" x 8.5 compared to the other ATP coils? Thanks. Plan on using it in freshwater beachs when the weather permits...

Tot Lots I would go with the 5x8 or the smaller but Really the 5x8 is all you need great target seperation

There is a reason many clamor for an AT Pro, that comes with the 5x8 INSTEAD of the 8.5x11. Many have posted that they use the 5x8 90% of the time after getting one.

I can see why, myself! :yes:

I myself have used the original stock 8.5x11 since day one and have had no issues at all. Im sure you could probably get ten different answers here. I hunt trashy parks, state park beaches, schools etc. I found 23 rings, $622 in clad, silver bracelets, gold rings etc with it in 2013. I believe the trick is just to slow waaay down. Take your time, swing low and slow. I was gonna purchase a 5x8 also but really don't see a reason to. Best of luck to ya and......HH

I myself have used the original stock 8.5x11 since day one and have had no issues at all. Im sure you could probably get ten different answers here. I hunt trashy parks, state park beaches, schools etc. I found 23 rings, $622 in clad, silver bracelets, gold rings etc with it in 2013. I believe the trick is just to slow waaay down. Take your time, swing low and slow. I was gonna purchase a 5x8 also but really don't see a reason to. Best of luck to ya and......HH

Those are some really nice results...i'll try to swing slower next time I'm out....In the middle of a snow storm so it might be a couple weeks before I can even get out!

There is no reason you have to rush out and get a different coil. I'm sure the stock coil will perform very well. The 5x8 is a luxury item and like any tool can give you an advantage in certain areas over the stock, but doesn't mean it's a necessity. You can always get the 5x8 later on if you decide you want one. Happy Hunting!

Back
Top Bottom