Recharge Your 9 Volt Alkaline Metal Detector Batteries

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
Received a pm last month from Sven, a member from Canada that is a member on most of the detecting forums asking for my info so he could sent me one of his chargers to try out. Posting this with no intentions of sending business to the seller as there were no strings attached for sending me the free charger and he is unaware that I am making this post. I just thought that I would pass it along because there are many of us that use 9 volt alkaline batteries. If interested you can go to the big auction site and use item number 251422574174 Off topic, for those of you that like reading the history,etc. of detectors check out Sven's page http://www.treasurelinx.com/home1.html

Attachments

• charger.JPG
    charger.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 415
Yes, regular 9 volt alkaline batteries, not for recharging carbon, rechargable, etc. batteries. Alkaline 9 volt only.
interesting didnt thing you could recharge regular batteries
only thing that I use them in is the propointer

So tell the rest of the story, is this safe? How many times can you recharge an alkaline? Do tell

LittleJohn
TREASURELINX 9 Volt Alkaline Battery Charger
Model 2x-9v

This charger is designed to safely charge “only” 9 volt Alkaline batteries.
Either charge 1 or 2 batteries at a time.

Complete charge takes approx. 4-8 hours depending upon battery condition.
There is no timer or auto cut off.
Check battery voltage with a multimeter. If battery voltage reads 10 volts or more, unplug battery from charger. This will stop the charging. Over a period of 1 hour the voltage will drop back closer to 9 volts. This is normal.

Can be left on charge overnight without harm. Charger will not overheat 9 volt Alkaline batteries.

Depending upon brand of battery, possible to recharge up to 5x, possibly more.

It is advisable when charging two batteries at a time, that both batteries have been discharged to similar voltage. This will prevent one battery from overcharging.

This charger will not charge AA size batteries in a 6 cell (9 volt) battery holder. Or any carbon type battery.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you purchased charger without the AC/DC adapter, the one you supply must be 9 volt and approx. 165 to 300mah. minimum.

Back
Top Bottom