• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sunday Search and Silver (times two)

Call Me V

Finally got out for a good hunt yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours. It was a beautiful day in the 40's with the sun shining and no wind (it's the wind that gets me). We went to a newer park we haven't ever searched. I came out with just over a 100 clad coins for almost $7. While I love finding rings, neither one of us came up with anything, but I did find two pieces of silver.

The first was a sterling silver St. Christopher pendent. I found it about 2" down. The second, pulled from 4" down, is a nice silver bracelet stamped .925.

I would like to get out for a longer search, but two hours is about as long as my wrist can handle the detector. It's nice to come home after a long hunt, have some hot chocolate, and admire the little bit of precious metal pulled from the ground. I cannot believe how much I'm having fun with this!

Attachments

• IMG_1314.jpg
    IMG_1314.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 151
Congrats "V" on the Sterling and the very nice clad total. Very impressive. Still I think there is a problem with numbers in your signature. Your clad total states $81.36 but your clad count says 1 million, 308 thousand, 1 hundred sixty coins. Even if these were all pennies which I am very sure they are not is a lot more than $81.36:yes:. Maybe just an over site. Trapper

Congrats "V" on the Sterling and the very nice clad total. Very impressive. Still I think there is a problem with numbers in your signature. Your clad total states $81.36 but your clad count says 1 million, 308 thousand, 1 hundred sixty coins. Even if these were all pennies which I am very sure they are not is a lot more than $81.36:yes:. Maybe just an over site. Trapper

Oh my gosh! Something didn't type right when I updated it. I was in a hurry in between classes when I did that. That would be a LOT of holes. Thank you for catching that. I fixed it!

Fantastic silver finds and Congratulations on pulling 100 clad coins! Cladders call that a "Century day", which is also quite an accomplishment and shows tremendous dedication, skill and effort...as does finding a chain of any sort, especially Silver or Gold...Way much cooler trophy than a ring! So yeah...We are impressed! You have really advanced quickly in this Sport...Winter Hunting in Montana also....kudos V!:clapping:

Back
Top Bottom