Couple Victories today!

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Today I put in about an hour and a half, with the 6" coil on my nox. I worked some very trashy park areas. Even with the super sniper, I wasn't finding many coins. I moved around to other trashy areas, and did a little better. Then, suddenly I hear a solid high pitch hit! It was a very coin-like signal; reading a 35. About 4 inches down, this big slab of a coin popped up. My very first Eisenhower Dollar! Not silver, but finding an Ike is rare, so it already made my day. Then about 2 minutes later, with a quarter-like signal(30), I dug another rarity: a unicorn! A sterling silver unicorn ring! She was bent inward and busted, but my first sterling ring for 2018. It's about time!
Total clad was about three bucks and some pennies. Everything was sniped in trashy areas. Fun hunt!

Attachments

• DSCN8343.jpg
    DSCN8343.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN8345 (2).jpg
    DSCN8345 (2).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCN8347.jpg
    DSCN8347.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCN8334.jpg
    DSCN8334.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN8340.jpg
    DSCN8340.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 164
Fun hunt. Congrats on the Eisenhower dollar. They are not easy to come by in the dirt. Make sure to cross Unicorn off your bucket list!

PS. I'd tell you how many Ikes I've found this year, but you wouldn't believe me. :D

Last edited:
Nice IKE !!!!!

I found my first Kennedy Half a month ago Rang so high and solid I KNEW I had something good.. was about the same color as yours, 45 minutes in the tumbler and it came out shiny !!

love the Uni too Forager. awesome hunt you had there !

Fun hunt. Congrats on the Eisenhower dollar. They are not easy to come by in the dirt. Make sure to cross Unicorn off your bucket list!

PS. I'd tell you how many Ikes I've found this year, but you wouldn't believe me. :D
Now I'm curious.

Nice IKE !!!!!

I found my first Kennedy Half a month ago Rang so high and solid I KNEW I had something good.. was about the same color as yours, 45 minutes in the tumbler and it came out shiny !!

love the Uni too Forager. awesome hunt you had there !

Nice finds. Don't see those Eisenhower's hardly ever...congrats!

Nice score, that's a rarity for sure. Congrats!

Congrats on the Ike, they're huge!
Nice silva too.

Nice Ike! Have not found one yet.

Huge, huge Ike. How in the world does anyone lose one ?

Thanks everyone. Sure is a big coin. Monetary value aside, they sure make a great find in the dirt! Once in a lifetime is fine with me...I wonder how many Lucky Stiffwrists dug this year? I vaguely recall mention of this before. Got a post link for that?

Back
Top Bottom