Another Barber Dime and a Canadian Large Cent

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
Went out around noon today and got a permission on the first house.....ended up being a partial permission.

The yard for the house was total garbage.....nothing to be found other than junk so I went out to the berm. First good signal I was figuring maybe a wheat....nope! 1912-D Barber Dime! Went a few feet away and got another digable signal. Dug the plug and searched around a bit until I pulled out a strange, larger sized coin. I had no clue what it was until I saw the reverse.....1915 Canadian Large cent, my first. I kind of thought maybe I'd dug up another old token but I was wrong.... I'll take it though!

Dug a 1918 wheat a few feet down and than the lady who gave me permission came out and said she didn't really like the whole digging part (not sure how else I'm going to get the treasures out) but I said that was fine, even though I was digging in the curb Strip. I didn't want to give myself a bad name down there so I hit the road. Not bad for 40 minutes and a permission reversal though.
4844c79010e90335d6e2b1112d50f1b3.jpg
7b5663bb021eaffe71d71a2726c12c16.jpg
03cce7f6d8d820f869f2ed711fc0f9f2.jpg
77441ad70ea3c02a0ee7cd6f78c8fe95.jpg
b36445a305df43de582ebdb594c3798d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

She didnt lile the digging part, how else would you get the coins out ? IDK some people just dont get it. BTW curbstrips are owned by the city anyway.
Yeah, I was going to point out that fact to her but I didn't want to get into a discussion with her.....figured I'd come back and hit the curb strips when no one is home.

You got in 40 minutes of heaven Tundra. Congrats on the Barber Dime, the Canadian Copper and all the rest. Our trip up to Minot has been canceled until next Spring. Now looking at late April or early May. Trapper

You got in 40 minutes of heaven Tundra. Congrats on the Barber Dime, the Canadian Copper and all the rest. Our trip up to Minot has been canceled until next Spring. Now looking at late April or early May. Trapper
Thanks Trapper. You'll have to give me a holler when you come up. Should be nice again when you do come..... it's been pretty crappy out lately.

Nice hunt, Tundra! I really like the Canadian Large Cents in general - such a cool, unique looking coin! And a sweet Barber!

Too bad about the permission flip flop, but it doesn’t sound like much of a loss since all the goodies were in the curb strip :yes: You definitely did the right thing to leave when she asked you to, even though it was the public right-of-way. Not worth the risk to future permissions if you get her riled up and she turns the neighbors against you - like you said, it’ll be easy enough to go back and hit the curb strip when no one’s home.

What? No Indianheads? Moved on to largies now? :laughing:

She probably realized you were exposing their junkyard littering habit, and got embarrassed. I mean, why worry about garbage and recycling when the grass covers it all up for you...until someone comes poking around. :roll:

You're on a roll Man! Keep it up.

Excellent finds! I sure would like to dig one of those large cents! Nice job

Back
Top Bottom