First hunt after long layoff. 3 silvers at least 100 years old :)

JackalopeZL1

Elite Member
Hi folks, Well I finally got to get out after many many months off. I got a new equinox a couple days ago in anticipation for today.

So we have a permission where a old hotel used to be and decided to go there today since the land owner had brushed out the place and it was finally huntable. It used to be thick brush and weeds.

I jumped out of my truck, Got the detector out starting walking out into the lot. I was sliding on my gloves and put the equinox to the ground and instantly got a High tone. It was reading 30 and was showing deep. I thought well this has to be junk, Heck I don't even remember how to run this darn machine it has been so long. lol I turned on the target and it was still a nice high tone. Dug my plug and flopped it over showing a glimse of silver. I couldn't freaking believe it. First hole dug in 7 or 8 months and it is silver. Called over my buddy so he could video the reveal and wouldn't you know it my fist hole was a 1908 D Barber Quarter?!?!?!?!

I ended out the day with 2 more silvers, one 1917 and 1918 Mercs. Got about 78 or 8 wheats and a Buffalo as well, Cool old Dudley key and a marble to top it off

Glad to be back out and what a way to do it. Pure luck :D

The group pic has my buddies 2 silver, One Rosie, a 40's merc, Buffalo, and a couple wheats.

Silvers small by jackalopeaf, on Flickr

Days hunt small by jackalopeaf, on Flickr

Barber small by jackalopeaf, on Flickr

Barber 2 small by jackalopeaf, on Flickr

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzz11.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzz11.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
Too bad it's not usually that easy. Great comeback report! I see five silvers in the "total finds" picture. There's another Mercury and Rosie you didn't mention. What's with those?
Congrats on the great haul!

Looks like you guys had a blast! Finding a barber quarter first thing is awesome!:yes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom