A short visit to the other side :)

71DHB

Elite Member
In my last thread I promised to head over to the other side of the lake. I did this morning! It was sort of a hunt combined with a check on my car. (I've had some big problems with my car lately at the mechanics and I needed to see if everything was fine) Todays hunt was very short and sweet. 3 hours! Almost 5 euro, some old lira, silver a WW2 bullit??? Oh yeah and 6 grams 18k. Anyway my car seems ok and I need that to get to another part of this lake :) Thanks for looking GL and HH everyone !

Attachments

• DSCN4057.JPG
    DSCN4057.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCN4058.JPG
    DSCN4058.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 262
  • DSCN4055.JPG
    DSCN4055.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 240
Nice score! I have friends from San Marino and will be in Rome in a couple of months. Would love to detect there.. you are in an awesome location!

Nice score! I have friends from San Marino and will be in Rome in a couple of months. Would love to detect there.. you are in an awesome location!

Hey Thanks! I go in the area of San Marino to detect often! Let me know when you get here and we can figure something out!

The LC stands for Lake City, the manufacturer of the ammunition, and the 43 is the date stamp of 1943.

During the war, US small arms rifle ammunition only came in .30 Cal (30-06), and .30 Carbine.

The LC stands for Lake City, the manufacturer of the ammunition, and the 43 is the date stamp of 1943.

During the war, US small arms rifle ammunition only came in .30 Cal (30-06), and .30 Carbine.

I figured the 43 stood for the date but didn't have a clue about the LC. Thanks for the interesting info Birddog!

I figured the 43 stood for the date but didn't have a clue about the LC. Thanks for the interesting info Birddog!

The primer hasn't been hit (dented) so technically that rifle round is live.
You might want to throw it away or handle it with care.

Back
Top Bottom