My First Time Out With My New Nox 800

medicchief

Forum Supporter
I got my new Nox 800 charged up last night and went out for a couple of hours today. I went to a local park beach, which has been hit VERY hard by many since Labor Day (it opens to MD'ing the day after). That said, there are still a lot of targets there. Today was more of a learning experience for me than anything. The target ID's are going to take some getting used to, since I've been using the typical scale of an AT Pro and a couple of Teknetics I've owned. I started off digging everything at first, then started just looking for higher numbers.....too many low scale hits to dig, with the limited amount of time I had. Here's the place, the trash I found, along with just a few late pennies. I've just got to hit this beach right after labor day! The water is cold, but I may put some waders on and work the shallow water.....nobody is doing or has done that.

Attachments

• IMG_2054.jpg
    IMG_2054.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_2056.jpg
    IMG_2056.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 250
Sweet! I hear you about coming off the AtPro and a Tek/FTP rig and into the NOX...same here, I'm so used to the scale and tones of the F70 and the AtPro, so it is taking me some time to be able to work with the NOXs' tighter parameters and condensed TID scale...

I am not sure why the NOX is 0-30 instead of 0-99 like the FTP or the Pro...? I liked that wide range the Pro and the F70 gives a guy...Just gonna take some time to get used to I guess..

While there is a learning curve with the "Nox", I'm sure that you will find as well as I have it is a very productive machine. It is capable of the clad counts of the Garrett Machines and still has a very good nose for deep Silver. Take the time to truly learn the machine and it will provide for you. Trapper

Great finds !!

it's kind of funny how you get used to certain number on the Teknetics and Garrett's (which are pretty similar) then go to a Equinox.. but after awhile if you fired up the AT Pro in 6 months you would probably have to take a moment to remember those numbers and nuances too.

In that same respect many here that have used the NOX for awhile can look at your finds you have pictured here, and pretty much tell you what they rang up as or come pretty dang close.

I am going to make a guess here:
Round pull tabs - 16
Other Pull tabs 15-17 bouncy
Screw caps - Blow your ears off 22
Lead weight 19
Penny's anywhere from 19-21 to 24-25 depending on make up
beaver tail with out ring 11-13 sounded like a nickel
Cars.. unknown 20's but loud ?
just a guessing for fun.

I say get in that water !!.. I am a firm believer that one has to be willing to go where others will not in order to get an edge.

great hunting Chief !!!

Back
Top Bottom