Underwater Idea

Go to a Store that sells pond supplies and they sell a pellet that kills the weeds off and only takes a couple days and don't hurt the fish. Get a small hand held grass spreader put the pellets in and start seeding the hell out of the area. Follow the directions close because i used it on my dads channel and the weeds were so thick you could not drive the boat thru it so used a bit more than the directions said came back the following weekend and all the weeds in the 75 yard channel were gone. Was only trying to clear out in front of the docks:lol:

Or put some in a cup and throw it no one will ever have a clue what you are throwing in . If anyone asked its fish pellets:grin:

For wiping out weeds at my Dads place, I drop a pair of anchors off the back of the boat with a 6' bar of rerod tied between them...then I hit the gas...the good thing is uprooted weeds float, and off they go...Then, I take a #10 can of corn, and salt the place heavy!....every single carp in the lake comes in and root out everything left and fan off the mud right down to the hardpack...

True...works like a charm...get those carp to help...makes for a nice swimming area and no weeds around the dock...plus, you never know when you might need a corn fed carp....the little Grandkids, Nieces and Nephews get to feel what a really big fish feels like...

You can just dump a can of corn around an old swim platform anchor, and come back in a few days...

I'll try it Mud, thanks for the tip. C'mon warm weather this will be fun!

I've used one of those "sea weed" cutters. If you're trying to clear a football field sized area, have a couple bottles of tylenol ready. As was mentioned, even though they're super sharp, they clog up easily and just drag the weeds along. I think if they were angled a little more acutely and pulled fast, they would work better but... either way they are laborious. I'm not big on chemicals, but they might be the best solution as long as they would stay where you want and not dilute to the point of being ineffective.

Scuba, a lot of the smaller lakes in our area have regularly scheduled herbicide applications. If you contact the homeowners associations you may be able to get the contact info the the applicators and work out a deal with them. Say, a case of beer or two for an extra healthy dose of weed killer in your target area. :D

Back
Top Bottom