Awesome First Coin Roll Hunting Finds!

Tinky1878

Forum Supporter
Since I have not been having much luck at metal detecting lately, I decided to try my hand at coin roll hunting. So, I picked up two rolls of nickles up at the local store. I picked up nickles, because it is fairly easy to find older nickles compared to silver coinage. I ended up finding a 1925 Buffalo and a 1906 "V" Nickle! Boy was I surprised! I guess it was Beginners luck!

Here are the pics! Thanks for looking! :D

That is great Tinky!! Not sure if you saw the post, but I was given a $40 reward from a guy for returning his Blackberry and I want to use that money and try my hand at coin roll hunting. I was told to go for half dollars, but after seeing your post I may go for nickels!! CONRATZ!!

Congratulations!! Whatever works, do it. Looks like a good addition to metal detecting and a great way to spend days when you can't get out with the detector.

Amazing work tinky! man what luck...had some luck myself lately since i've been working retail again...5 wheats and a 1940, 1948, and 1949 nickels...happy coin roll hunting!

That is great Tinky!! Not sure if you saw the post, but I was given a $40 reward from a guy for returning his Blackberry and I want to use that money and try my hand at coin roll hunting. I was told to go for half dollars, but after seeing your post I may go for nickels!! CONRATZ!!

ron, it really doesn't cost anything to coin roll hunt. you hunt em, re-roll em and get your money back. Tinky's hunt only cost him 10 cents - the two nickels he had to replace for the ones he found.

it's how i filled out my state quarter collection. i bought $50 worth - found a a half dozen or so that i needed and took the rolls back to the bank and said i wanted $50 more dollars in quarters and the girl tried to give me the same rolls back -- duh. i said i needed different rolls and she looked at me like i was nuts.

Wow very nice, I used to go to different banks around here and trade several hundred dollars into coins, wrap em back up and bring em back to another bank. I found LOTS of silver that way but I think some started to give me back the coins I previously brought to them so I stopped for a while to allow them to recirculate ;)

Go back and get more from teh same place. I looked threw probably 1000 dollars in nickels every week and have found one total this year

Good job....I look in the nickels too because since the V nickels the rim of the coin has not changed....people can't pick them out of a roll like silver. HH & HCRH,
NC

Back
Top Bottom