Found 3 Pinpointers @ Goodwill today $1.99 each

GLASSHOPPER1955

Elite Member
Daily GW visit turned up these cheapo Chinese Kuman 9volt pinpointers today at $1.99 each. I see these all over that "big auction site" at like $37-$46. At about 1' to 1.5" range with a light and weak vibration, they are in the "better-than'nothin" category. I won't be trading my TRX in anytime soon, but I'm mainly amused that I found these at all at GW. So much for my "Black Friday" shopping! :lol:

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 479
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 477
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 443
What I wonder is who dropped them off there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, for just $1.99 not bad to have one on hand at that price to use as a VERY temporary emergency back-up if your TRX ever needs fixed.

That’s cool. Me and the wife go to the goodwill often. I go and look for toys for the grand daughter. I usually find some other stuff too.

Nice deal!

I like to look for bargains at Goodwill.

Last year bought a nice Schwinn Air Dyne exercise bike for $25, dusted it off and sold it on craigslist for $75.

This year found a nearly new Tilley hat for $2, still wearing it.

Will have to head to my local Goodwill and see if they have these pinpointers!

I am new to this hobby and cannot make a lot of comparisons but i have to say that the Garrett "carrot" is a great piece of equipment.

And i am also very happy with my Nokta Premium digging tool, very robust.

They look new, nice score. I wonder if anyone at Goodwill even knew what they were?

Well, the cashier (bless her heart!) didn't know what they were until I told her and from the look on her face , still didn't get it. So you're probably right. They do say "metal detector" on the end cap so they may have had an idea. I see a LOT of gadgets at GW that even I don't know what they are, the donators probably don't either.:lol:

Well, the cashier (bless her heart!) didn't know what they were until I told her and from the look on her face , still didn't get it. So you're probably right. They do say "metal detector" on the end cap so they may have had an idea. I see a LOT of gadgets at GW that even I don't know what they are, the donators probably don't either.:lol:

I'm just imagining someone (our local thrift store has old ladies running them for the most part) turning them on, not knowing what they are, and them being set to not beep, but rather only do that other thing they do. (keeping it family friendly)

Back
Top Bottom