• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

T shirts

A lot of great designs, but we weren't able to find someone to make them for us.

Gee whillikers!! Aren't there any silkscreen shops available? I have shirts made occasionally by a little shop in Greenwich, CT, and these shops are all over the country I think. I just give her the design, tell her what type and/or brand of tee or sweat and sizes I need and get a price based on how many I want. Naturally the more ordered the lower price per unit. I only get orders in a dozen or so at a time but I know she does runs in the hundreds of pieces and can probably do as many as anyone would want.

The silk screen shop is 40 miles from us. We already made a batch a couple years ago, and the forum "lost" money on it. We're not doing it again.

If someone else wants to do it, that's fine. :grin:

Not sure if FloridaBill visits here lately but he makes for mighty fine stuff, he made me a nice tee shirt with a picture of a Tesoro Tejon on it and my forum ..username on it as well. He done a great job, used good quality materials, didn't cost me a fortune, and he shipped it to me quick.

We already contacted floridabill. He said he doesn't have the time and stopped making shirts.

Has anyone ever used Cafe Press?

I just threw this together real fast, but looks like right around $30.00 shipped.

picture.php

picture.php

Yep, we have a sign shop and we use vendors similar to Cafe Press but geared to very large print runs for companies and so forth. It creates Tshirts as well as signs and huge banners, along with many similar items that my hubby sells to businesses. This is our part-time business.

So, I'd recommend Cafe Press or a similar company. Set up an affiliate site on CafePress for free. FMDF mods or someone can set up a little website with the help of the company, and make available some product with their artwork, put it out there to users, and users can order from the website and producer creates product and drop ships to customer, collects $$ and gives Friendly a cut. You just have to ask buyers to allow cookies on the webpage as that is how they track what affiliate to send the money to, so they can't pay you if the cookie doesn't work as it isn't tracked. Not too hard, though, and you aren't putting any money up front anyway, so you can't lose money.

I just looked at CafePress's site and signing up is free. Another cool thing is that the buyers can put your artwork on a variety of items, such as stickers, all sorts of clothing, mugs, bags, etc., etc. You could have a generic logo, make up some metal detecting related artwork(s), bumper stickers, and on and on. Ask some of the members to suggest designs. I'm sure we have plenty of creative folks.

So, where would the money in commissions that is earned go to? I'm assuming you have some server fees, etc. to keep the forum running, so there you go. ;)

Just need to set it up and get an account they can put the money in.
http://www.cafepress.com/content/cp-partners/faqs.html

Huh.

Our club had t-shirts made and only got an order of 13 together. A local place charged us under $10 per t-shirt, an extra $1.50 if it was a 1x up, and an extra $1.50 if you wanted a pocket. They had our club name across the back, and our actual club logo on the front upper left area.

We've now put together an order for 10-12 more based on people wanting them after the first batch. $30 sounds ridiculously high to me.

Huh.

Our club had t-shirts made and only got an order of 13 together. A local place charged us under $10 per t-shirt, an extra $1.50 if it was a 1x up, and an extra $1.50 if you wanted a pocket. They had our club name across the back, and our actual club logo on the front upper left area.

We've now put together an order for 10-12 more based on people wanting them after the first batch. $30 sounds ridiculously high to me.

Yes $30 is high, never said I thought that was a good deal. Hopefully we could get a group buy together via the people your club used?

Yes $30 is high, never said I thought that was a good deal. Hopefully we could get a group buy together via the people your club used?
Well, like I said, it's a local outfit but no different than the tons across the country. Shipping might be an issue. I wasn't volunteering (enough on my plate). :D

Back
Top Bottom