• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Deus remote question - permanent attachment to stem?

SueK

Forum Supporter
I wondered if anyone here has permanently attached their remote to the stem. I'm thinking super glue or something like that. And if so, did you regret it?

I hunt in woods and, especially spring through fall, the trees and undergrowth are really thick. Twice today I had to backtrack after climbing through difficult areas to find my remote. I like having it attached to the stem...I really like seeing what numbers I'm digging, etc. But I have a hard enough time getting through the woods one time without doing parts twice.

Your thoughts/experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sue,
I wouldn't glue either,,instead go the tether route.

Also,,going the tether route,,would protect your remote say in the woods if your remote fell off,,and a puddle, or small stream was under/near.

Don't know how much warranty you have left on unit,,,but if some could be problematic maybe if you decide to glue.

Would hate to get superglue in a place it didn't belong either.

There is a chance in the future you may have to replace your keypad.
I think this is a DIYer,,,if your glued the case shut by accident,,again could be problematic.

Cheers.

Sound s like you are getting into foraging with your Deus into the not so obvious places.
Very good.

Sue as mentioned get a lanyard or make your own. There is no reason to have to glue your remote to your stem. The bottom of your remote has a slot for you to attach a lanyard. From there just secure the other end to your rod. I made my own out of paracord.

1aa5321427a33d975655f03387522da4.jpg

e6b0f29224a63eb7a15a14b1d99f2768.jpg

63bed66510226883b7869b63bcbe3051.jpg

Thank you all for you wise advice! I will get it connected by lanyard. Thanks again!

If you look close there is a small hole at the base of the remote, you just need a camera wrist tether to thread through that hole and then put the wrist strap on the shaft. That is how I have both my Deus's set up. You can get the tethers on amazon, I bought 5 of them for $5 shipped. Heck PM me your address and I will send you one

Alright,
I don't advise folks to go trudging through the woods with their remotes attached to thier rod while going to a remote site say.

If tethered to rod, it would be OK to do.

If you bump a bush or tree limb, the remote could fall off.
You might not realize.

So if you don't go the tethered route, remove remote and put in another place like secure pocket or whatever, and then attach to your rod once at your place to detect.

The same thing here would apply if say you had your Deus mounted on a say ATV like on the front rack or in an already installed gun rack.

Cheer.

I have never tethered none of my remotes to the rods.
But I heed above too.

Back
Top Bottom