Federal Revenue Cutters Button

TrashMasterCCS

Elite Member
I haven't identified it yet. Thought I'd share while taking a lunch break. It has a shield, scales, and skeleton key. Back says something like "robinsons and co.

Attachments

• IMG_3999.jpg
    IMG_3999.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_4001.jpg
    IMG_4001.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
Later became Coast Guard
Very Nice!

Attachments

• B1849A.JPG
    B1849A.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 457
  • B1849B.JPG
    B1849B.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:
Congratz on the cool old button ! And thanx for the ID Caprock.

Ooohhh ooohhh, and I know what the ID is of the item on the right ! : It's commonly referred to as a USA quarter dollar. Value .25c Glad I could be of assistance ! :D

Great finds congrats!

Later became Coast Guard
Very Nice!

Coast Guard, now that isn't something you find every day. Congrats on a cool button.

Sweat find! Your in some good country there!

Congratz on the cool old button ! And thanx for the ID Caprock.

Ooohhh ooohhh, and I know what the ID is of the item on the right ! : It's commonly referred to as a USA quarter dollar. Value .25c Glad I could be of assistance ! :D

Thanks guys! CapRock thanks for getting an ID. I cleaned it up and most of the gold plating is intact. Found the wreath portion to a buckle down there later that day also. Unfortunately, it didn't match my tongue piece.

Congrats on the wreath.
Love to see a pic.
Sounds like you got a hot spot on some really old ground.

Congrats on the wreath.
Love to see a pic.
Sounds like you got a hot spot on some really old ground.

Cap, I'm at work and will get you a pic when I get home in a few days. If this storm lets me. Unfortunately, the area was hydro washed after the panners came through. So, most of the relics are buried under several feet of dirt and tailings.

Nice button find. The "scales" is actually an anchor.

Wayne, if you look closely at the button there are scales below the anchor and above the skeleton key. I didn't notice it until my buddy pointed it out.

Cap, I'm at work and will get you a pic when I get home in a few days. If this storm lets me. Unfortunately, the area was hydro washed after the panners came through. So, most of the relics are buried under several feet of dirt and tailings.

Wayne, if you look closely at the button there are scales below the anchor and above the skeleton key. I didn't notice it until my buddy pointed it out.

You are right, I see them now. Missed it before.

Hell Wom! Didn't you read the replies!? It's The Coast Guard before it was the Coast Guard. Worst part is some other jerk dug one of these in his yard!!!

Ok,but you have to agree Federal Revenue Cutter doesn't seem to be very descriptive of Coast Guard, unless "cutter" refers to a type of ship ???

Back
Top Bottom