Oh the anticipation....but, soon

NectarDetector

Forum Supporter
Oh the anticipation of what the 3030 is gonna be like is exciting, wont be much longer now....

mmm can't wait to get durty with tha thurty!

I think you will like it.

Will feel better when swinging vs etrac.

I look forward to reading your thoughts on it after you get a bit of time with it.

I think you will like it.

Will feel better when swinging vs etrac.

I look forward to reading your thoughts on it after you get a bit of time with it.

Thanks, any tips I'm all ears! I definitely look forward to seeing the differences and likeness etc and being able to compare the two.

I've read and heard some good things about the 3030, hopefully some of that will equate to a few goodies here and there.

Man diggin around here is tough! You really gotta work harder than those old timers round here, because they were pretty darn good with their machines, apparently...lol

I earn my finds, and need a little extra edge, hoping the 3030 helps me in that area. We'll see I suppose hhaha

Thanks, any tips I'm all ears! I definitely look forward to seeing the differences and likeness etc and being able to compare the two.

I've read and heard some good things about the 3030, hopefully some of that will equate to a few goodies here and there.

Man diggin around here is tough! You really gotta work harder than those old timers round here, because they were pretty darn good with their machines, apparently...lol

I earn my finds, and need a little extra edge, hoping the 3030 helps me in that area. We'll see I suppose hhaha

Right now,,the only thing I can say,,,since CTX has adjustable tone breaks unlike etrac,,,you will when using combined mode,,,set your tone breaks.

Some folks leave a window for nickels for highest tone,,,and where do you set the break point for the highest tone.

Me personally I like to capture IHs with the highest tone along with copper snd silver coins.

You have options for sure to deal with.

As far as the rest of the settings,,,much like etrac.

The cursor and its shading ( shape and size) is something else you can work with,,,etrac here obviously don't have.

After a couple hunts,,I think you will see which direction you'll want to gomwith your tone breaks.

I miss mine but just couldn't justify the money invested to be used so little. :(

I don't care what "balance" it has it's still a heavy beast. BUT, it's worth it! I loved working the 6" coil.

My favorite additions over the etrac were target trace and combined tones/break selections.

I miss mine but just couldn't justify the money invested to be used so little. :(

I understand that, think we both get out about the same amount of time, so I can see why you'd come to that conclusion.

I don't care what "balance" it has it's still a heavy beast. BUT, it's worth it! I loved working the 6" coil.

I better start working on my bitty biceps then, lol

My favorite additions over the etrac were target trace and combined tones/break selections.

Yeah was checking out the target trace on a couple videos, seems interesting

If nothing else I think it will keep the hobby exciting for me with learning a new machine and trying to eek out some keepers in some hard hit areas. Will give me something to learn and make some of my old sites 'new' and exciting again I suppose. :)

I bet you'll like it... I love mine!

Definitely the most versatile machine I've ever used. Like tnsharpshooter said, you'll find what works best for you after a couple of hunts. For the type of hunting I do, I basically switch between two modes depending on conditions:

For hunting where there's lots of iron junk:
Mode: Combined
Separation: Ferrous-Coin
Fast: ON
Deep: OFF
Discrimination: Mostly open screen (only discriminating out items that fall in the foil range). I like to hear the iron grunting at the lowest possible pitch (75Hz). I keep nickels sounding like they did on my Etrac because I'm used to it, a higher pitch (1100Hz) for the indian through wheat range - 12-30 to 12-41, and then the highest pitch (1200Hz) for the silver range - 12-42 and above. I *wish* Minelab would have given us one more bin.

In Combined, I set the 2nd pattern up with MORE discrimination. That may sound backwards, but here's why I do it: Since my main pattern is accepting iron, the TID has a tough time locking on to a high conductor when iron is all around it. Running some fairly heavy DISC in the 2nd pattern allows me to switch over when I hear a high tone and get a solid TID.

For cleaner ground / cherry picking:
Mode: 50-CO
Separation: High Trash
Deep: ON
Fast: OFF
Discrimination: Main pattern is either Bill's Trashy Park or Andy's Coin pattern. 2nd pattern is wide open.
^^ Basically the same way I ran my Etrac.

Combined mode is really good for pulling good targets out of spots covered with iron. That, along with Target Trace will definitely give you an extra edge in those kind of areas.

Good luck with it and looking forward to hearing how you like it!

Thank you for writing all of that out for me. I will definitely refer back to it... I appreciate it I really really do!

No problem. That's what works for me.. You may like something completely different. Just thought I'd give an example of how the different modes can be used for different conditions. :cheers:

Its appreciated and I'm sure it helps in certain situations. Every tip n trick helps! The guys in chat suggested I go ahead and turn it on since the consensus is that's why I've been getting skunked lately...

NEC's getting a dirty thirty. WaHoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
We don't care how you do it, just want pictures of all the great finds !!!

:laughing: Can't wait to see the pics myself! Lmao

Maybe by fall I'll know it well enough to find some silver stragglers here n there. Before that I have a great place to water hunt that seems like a fun place to take it wading. Land hunts in this heat right now are just brutal with the humidity.

Congrats, Nectar! Make sure to do some articles to post about it, always good stuff for anyone to go back and archive even if a few years from now. Might even learn some new info with it, not so obvious stuff that influence other detectors etc...

Nectar,,,I know the feeling,,like a kid in a candy store.

I'm with you,,feel good for you too.

I think we'll get some very good reports from you on its performance as well as finds.

Appreciate that. I'm trying to contain myself and my expectations, it's tough to do lol

Back
Top Bottom