Garrett AT Pro or Whites MXT All Pro

jkjeep

hello, I cant decide on At Pro or Whites All pro. I have owned a ace 250 before. I hunt in large farm fields and woods, and house sites. I don't ever plan on submerging detector in water. How would the whites handle getting caught in the rain while detecting(not purposely detecting while its raining). Thanks for any input!

Of the two I would go with the AT PRo metal detector... if you want a good deal on one shoot me a private message:yes:

I'll go with the MXT. More options and a wider selection of coils. Never owned one but hunt with those that do.

I would think MX Sport not MXT. then it comes down to preference really. Sport is deeper and more features. AT Pro cheaper, lighter, simplistic.

AT-Pro Great Detector

hello, I cant decide on At Pro or Whites All pro. I have owned a ace 250 before. I hunt in large farm fields and woods, and house sites. I don't ever plan on submerging detector in water. How would the whites handle getting caught in the rain while detecting(not purposely detecting while its raining). Thanks for any input!

The AT-Pro works great for the areas your hunting in.
Also, you dont have to worry about rain or high humidity.
Using the ACE 250l, you will be very surprised about the difference's the AT-Pro offers.

http://www.metaldetectors.com/blog/successful-labor-day-treasure-hunt

call me if you have any questions
dennis

I've run an MXT and I still own an ATPRo.

When I switched from the MXT to the ATPro my finds went through the roof.

The ATPro is not insanely better. Just idiot proof for finding. Any truly competent detectorist does just as well with an MXT. And the MXT can be tweaked for different field duty.

Comfort swinging, the ATPro Wins hands down. I got tired of throwing baggies over the MXT every time I felt a drop of rain. It always felt cumbersome.

A better choice may be MX Sport vs ATPro. Lots of people are poo pooing the MX Sport. It had some early problems (just like the ATPro), but it has already started to gain respect.

Waterproof matters. I wasn't a water hunter. But I got a phone call for an invite to a CV camp. Guess where I found my first bullet? 6 inches of
water in the creek.

I owned both here in my take...

mxt pro is a true powerhouse machine. I have dug some deep finds and if your relic hunter its hard to beat at any price. She is a great machine.

The AtPro is a fine machine, it will hit coins in the 7-8 inches all day long. It is little better to swing. Your limited on depth,coil choice,customization. MXT is better in all the noted areas. I also don't care for the tones of the pro mode.

So if your hunting in area thats wet the ATpro is fine choice but if not I would lean to the MXT ALL PRO!

HH Koz

thanks for the help. I'll more than likely go with the at pro because of the cheaper price. Nc digger I'm from the dunn benson area.

jkjeep I bought an AT Pro last week and love it so far. I bought it from NectarDetector. (Their prices are great and Rob was really helpful answering my questions on the phone--the whole transaction was excellent and I'd highly recommend them.) I've used the ATP for about 10-15 hours so far hunting a farm field, an 1800's farm site in Indiana with tons of iron trash, and a couple of city parks. I've been using it mostly in Pro mode, which gives me a lot more audio feedback than the BH. It's just taking some getting used to. So far I've already found some great relics with it... an 1800's ward gate key @ 8-10", 1926 Mercury @ 4-5", 1950's toy Sheriff's pistol @ 6-7", in addition to about $3 in clad coins.

Good luck and HH!

thanks for the help. I'll more than likely go with the at pro because of the cheaper price. Nc digger I'm from the dunn benson area.

Attachments

• atp finds.jpg
    atp finds.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,218
jkjeep I bought an AT Pro last week and love it so far. I bought it from NectarDetector. (Their prices are great and Rob was really helpful answering my questions on the phone--the whole transaction was excellent and I'd highly recommend them.) I've used the ATP for about 10-15 hours so far hunting a farm field, an 1800's farm site in Indiana with tons of iron trash, and a couple of city parks. I've been using it mostly in Pro mode, which gives me a lot more audio feedback than the BH. It's just taking some getting used to. So far I've already found some great relics with it... an 1800's ward gate key @ 8-10", 1926 Mercury @ 4-5", 1950's toy Sheriff's pistol @ 6-7", in addition to about $3 in clad coins.

Good luck and HH!

Thanks for the kind words... we're happy that you're happy and enjoying your new AT PRO!

You're off to a great start... anyone looking for either machine give us a shout & we're always happy to help!

mxt pro is a true powerhouse machine. I have dug some deep finds and if your relic hunter its hard to beat at any price. She is a great machine.

The AtPro is a fine machine, it will hit coins in the 7-8 inches all day long. It is little better to swing. Your limited on depth,coil choice,customization. MXT is better in all the noted areas. I also don't care for the tones of the pro mode.

So if your hunting in area thats wet the ATpro is fine choice but if not I would lean to the MXT ALL PRO!

HH Koz

I agree 100% with kozman4907... I had the AT Pro and sold it because it would mask so many targets in iron (try the rusty iron nail test) you will see you cannot even hear the good target. You would walk right over it.

I have an Etrac, Fisher F75SE and a MXT All Pro (these are my main 3 go to machines). They all have their own strengths and weaknesses. I use each one for different situations.

You will love the MXT.

Gary from Oregon.

Back
Top Bottom