Anyone use the A.M. Leonard soil knife?

Chad M.

Anyone have the Leonard Soil Knife? If so, is it any good as a digger?

I use them in landscaping business.. a hunting friend uses his detecting the dirt... I rarely hunt dirt.

Buddy of mine uses one, he seems to be real happy with it. He also said he broke the first one, (it's not a pry bar). I think he said it has a life time warranty.

Yes, I bought my first one two years ago.

After 4 months or so of use, I broke it in half prying up a plug in the turf. It is weak at the twine-cutting cutout.

I called the company, and they sent me a new one free of charge. I just had to snap a picture of the broken tool and email it to them.

Then a few months later, I broke the second one at the same exact spot. I called the company again, and they sent me another new one free of charge. They paid for postage for me to send my broken one back to them so they could figure out what was going on.

Anyway, after getting my THIRD, I decided to buy a lesche. I no longer use the soil knife, and I just keep it in my bag for backup.

Long story short, it's a nice tool, and has a lifetime warranty that the company stands behind. You can actually get a person on the phone, and they will send you out a new one quick. But the tool is nowhere near as solid as a lesche.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I bought my first one two years ago.

After 4 months or so of use, I broke it in half prying up a plug in the turf. It is weak at the twine-cutting cutout.

I called the company, and they sent me a new one free of charge. I just had to snap a picture of the broken tool and email it to them.

Then a few months later, I broke the second one at the same exact spot. I called the company again, and they sent me another new one free of charge. They paid for postage for me to send my broken one back to them so they could figure out what was going on.

Anyway, after getting my THIRD, I decided to buy a lesche. I no longer use the soil knife, and I just keep it in my bag for backup.

Long story short, it's a nice tool, and has a lifetime warranty that the company stands behind. You can actually get a person on the phone, and they will send you out a new one quick. But the tool is nowhere near as solid as a lesche.

Hope this helps.
The exact same thing happened to me. Am Leonard will send you new ones for free. It's also the same as the Treasure Wise knife. I have since moved to the Predator Raptor 31 digger and never looked back.

Back
Top Bottom