Travel Cases

off the iron

Elite Member
Was wondering what people use for a travel case for their detector when flying on a plane.

I have an E-Trac and have used the stock travel bag stuffed with bubble-wrap when I have flown with it.

I'd like to find, and have looked for, a hard plastic roller case. I saw a guy in the Sacramento airport this afternoon that looked like it would work...only problem was he only spoke French and there wasn't a brand name on the case.

Anyone have suggestions/pics of what they use?

Thanks for the help!!

Hit the thrift store Goodwill, Slavation Army etc.... I have picked up a Samsonite hard side black with rollers and the pull up handle to carry my Garrett and 3 coils, extra batteries, headphones, small Lesche hand digger. I ordered some pluck foam off e-bay and voila a hard side case with room to spare for under $35.00 The cost of foam and spray glue mostly. The case was $6.00 at Goodwill.

Look for a hard case for an AR style rifle. You have to take the detector apart to get it in but they are fully foam lined, they lock and can be had fairly reasonably. A good place to look is at a gun show. Often vendors will have a variety of hard cases for weapons at very reasonable prices.

I suggest you get a large decal from the folks who made your detector to mark it as a case for something other than an AR. People get less nervous that way.

I break mine down and carry it on the plane in a backpack. That way I know its not being banged up with all the checked luggage and I know where it will be when I get to my destination.

Back
Top Bottom