Suspected x-pointer counterfeits

That is not a counterfeit Xpointer, that is a source for them. You have to buy 100 or more. (you might need them)

This is funny, A counterfeit of a counterfeit!! :laughing::laughing:
A Chinese rip-off of a Chinese rip-off. :laughing:

I noticed in a couple of other threads that some of them are starting to fall apart.
Who woullda thunk?? :?: :laughing:

A counterfeit of a counterfeit!! In our hobby that is called "falsing". I thought that they were not suppose to do that.:?:

They still could be counterfeits of the xpointer , the problem is when sourcing from china it would be really hard to tell the difference until they didnt work as well as the regular model. Even if you look at the xpointer as a counterfeit itself , it wouldnt be hard for other china manufacturers to copy it and mass produce a knockoff of the original....which probably does happen.

They still could be counterfeits of the xpointer , the problem is when sourcing from china it would be really hard to tell the difference until they didnt work as well as the regular model. Even if you look at the xpointer as a counterfeit itself , it wouldnt be hard for other china manufacturers to copy it and mass produce a knockoff of the original....which probably does happen.

The Chinese will counterfeit a turd. That's where that fake dog poop comes from. And fake barf too:shock:

That is not a counterfeit Xpointer, that is a source for them. You have to buy 100 or more. (you might need them)

This is funny, A counterfeit of a counterfeit!! :laughing::laughing:
A Chinese rip-off of a Chinese rip-off. :laughing:

I noticed in a couple of other threads that some of them are starting to fall apart.
Who woullda thunk?? :?: :laughing:

Care to explain what it is you are trying to say?

The X-Pointer is a counterfeit of which particular item?

From where I sit it appears the Garrett Pro Pointers have durability issues

Hell I love how Chinese keeps the US economy afloat
http://www.jiesworld.com/international_corporations_in_china.htm

I noticed on a <<<Deleted by Admin>>> of threads how the Garrett Pro Pointer seems to have a defect which causes them to false - very common problem, however Garrett's awesome customer support keeps the good name where it should be -

I am sure the Chinese will provide a similar experience -

Deteknix have a waterproof one coming out next year - Havent heard anything from Garrett regarding theirs

:p:laughing::p

The Chinese will counterfeit a turd. That's where that fake dog poop comes from. And fake barf too:shock:

If there are idiots who are prepared to pay for fake pooh & vomit, then I am sure the Chinese will first laugh, then accommodate ......

Perhaps you guys should be telling your local businesses to manufacture your goods in the USA - Kinda makes sense doesn't it?

Care to explain what it is you are trying to say?

The X-Pointer is a counterfeit of which particular item?

From where I sit it appears the Garrett Pro Pointers have durability issues

Hell I love how Chinese keeps the US economy afloat

I noticed on a <<<Deleted by Admin>>> of threads how the Garrett Pro Pointer seems to have a defect which causes them to false - very common problem, however Garrett's awesome customer support keeps the good name where it should be -

I am sure the Chinese will provide a similar experience -

Deteknix have a waterproof one coming out next year - Havent heard anything from Garrett regarding theirs

:p:laughing::p

A fake pro pointer.jpg

I thought it interesting that 3 people posted that their xpointer quit working.

Time will tell about their repair service. It already got changed from the original plan to one that sounds a little scarey. A place that on their web page lists no physical address or phone #.

I think I would rather be sending my item to Garrett or Whites than to Blue Bay Detectors.

The Chinese did make a counterfeit of the Garrett which could explain some of the problems you hear about the pro pointer.

If you are happy with Chinese products,that's fine. Besides an occasional egg roll and Gen. Tao chicken, I try not to buy Chinese items.

I have a Garrett detector and a Whites pinpointer and drive a Ford and a Chrysler.

Everybody has the right to choose what makes them happy. I don't like giving China my hard earned money.

View attachment 293260

Time will tell about their repair service. It already got changed from the original plan to one that sounds a little scarey. A place that on their web page lists no physical address or phone #.

I think I would rather be sending my item to Garrett or Whites than to Blue Bay Detectors.

The Chinese did make a counterfeit of the Garrett which could explain some of the problems you hear about the pro pointer.

If you are happy with Chinese products,that's fine. Besides an occasional egg roll and Gen. Tao chicken, I try not to buy Chinese items.

I have a Garrett detector and a Whites pinpointer and drive a Ford and a Chrysler.

Everybody has the right to choose what makes them happy. I don't like giving China my hard earned money.

I prefer to give my NZ $$'s to the USA direct however we are unable to do that, therefore China has to do at this stage -

I take it you dont buy from any of the following corporations either -

I always thought Honda was Japanese however looking at the list I posted it appears China also manufacture for Honda - WoW learn something everyday

Guess what though ?

It was made right here in the state of Ohio U.S.A. by proud non-union American workers ;)

Foreign name or not , many Americans have good jobs and earn a living building cars for Honda.

The union wanted to unionize Honda , but he employees voted no. They are happy without the union skimming money off the top. Thats just another plus in my book. Not that union workers cant make good cars , just that anything union costs more to do. I could have bought an American brand car ( I do have one ) , but a lot of the parts are still manufactured in china , so there isnt any difference as far as cars are concerned anymore.

I prefer to give my NZ $$'s to the USA direct however we are unable to do that, therefore China has to do at this stage -

I take it you dont buy from any of the following corporations either -

Why are you not able to give NZ $$'s direct to USA?

I am not a heavy consumer of goods like some Americans.

I did not read every company on that list. I got about 1/2 way. I can say I don't buy from at least 95% or more unless it is a part of some other item that I am not aware of.

Buying a MD was a revival of a 30 year ago hobby and I was not going to involve any Chinese in the transaction, so it was Garrett and White's that got my hard earned money.

But like I stated, you are free to do what you like. What I do is of no consequence to you.

Why are you not able to give NZ $$'s direct to USA?

It has changed over the last couple of years where the US suppliers are no longer able to sell directly to overseas buyers, even when there are no distributors in that country - Yes you can circumnavigate that by getting a US address sorted -

I did not read every company on that list. I got about 1/2 way. I can say I don't buy from at least 95% or more unless it is a part of some other item that I am not aware of.

That list represents around 1% of US corporations manufacturing their 1%

Buying a MD was a revival of a 30 year ago hobby and I was not going to involve any Chinese in the transaction, so it was Garrett and White's that got my hard earned money.

Well sir I was more than happy to send my hard earned $$ to the USA direct however the same US corporations that manufacture in China told us we cannot buy direct from the USA, so what are our options? - Like the US we also have to turn to China

But like I stated, you are free to do what you like. What I do is of no consequence to you.

As I have stated - we are NOT free to do as we like because US corporations changed the rules & as if I cared, I could not care less what you do, why would I?

I believe one will find faulty units of anything made. Of course you'll also hear those with faulty units are the most vocal. The others are probably out detecting and just happy with their purchase. It seems there's a clique running around here, quick to add their 2 cents to any possible anti X-pointer thread. Same few cats every time.

May I suggest metal detecting to fill your time? There are better causes to champion out there. I promise.

View attachment 293260

So what are we looking for here on the fakes... the serial #?

Don't know why there is so much China bashing, like most countries, they have a less ethical segment, which gets dealt with, when caught.

Some of those 'knock-offs', aren't really fakes, they are things that were considered sub-standard, or mistakes that were deemed not worth the production time to fix. These get sold as scrap or 'destroyed'. China doesn't like waste, they tried to squeeze a little more out of everything. We aren't quite as fruggle...

We like useless !!!!, that doesn't cost much. China is willing to supply that useless !!!!. They will also supply high quality, if you are willing to pay for it. Here in the USA, we lean toward getting something for next to costing nothing, then complain about it.

Personally, I'd rather see a hefty import tax on anything that could be manufactured here. Seems crazy that it's cheaper to make stuff in other countries, ship it to America, and still under sell our products...

I drive a Ford truck. There are OEM parts on it made in Canada or Mexico. "Made in the USA" is a marketing strategy but I digress.

My Xpointer has been great so far. I don't care where it was made. I judge a product by its performance, not where it was made.

Back
Top Bottom