Garrett talks about AT Max on live webcast tonight

Dsm_mechva

Forum Supporter
Tonight at 9pm EST

American Digger Magazine Relic Roundup web radio show with
Tonight's guest Steve Moore from Garrett talking about the AT Max and answering questions.

It's free ..If anyone is interested you can sign up and post questions & usually call in with questions or just listen in without signing up.

http://www.spreaker.com/user/admrr

If you miss it all of their shows are archived so you can listen to the recording at the same link under the "Episodes" section.

Oh they are also giving away a Pro Pointer AT.

Usually you have to call in for contests but I'm not sure how it will work exactly.

No idea, but I have the number in my phone all ready to be redialed! Might be a trivia question or something. Hope I win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some key points:

- No concrete ship date has been selected, but sometime in June.

- Major YT channels (Hoover Boys, Nugget, Chigger, and Jocelyn were all mentioned by name) will be testing the Max in the next few weeks.

- While it's being worked on, the full-length ATM instructional video is still "at least a month" away.

- New Z-Lync system on the way that includes the ATP/G/M headphone hookup.

- No current plans to introduce their own larger coils, but current third party coils are being tested and are expected to work as normal.

- All existing "AT" coils are compatible; no plans to introduce "Max" line of coils.

- Same mounting style for the control box; Steve did mention that it has been strengthened, however.

- Shorter battery life than the Pro and Gold due to the increased power consumption; no additional details were provided.

- A question was asked about just how the new tech increases detection depth; Steve didn't really answer the question directly, but did mention that he had a beech target that was about a foot deep while still producing a signal that he described as "screaming."

- Because of the unchanged mounting style, pre-existing third party shafts (Anderson was mentioned by name) that are Pro/Gold compatible will work as normal with the Max as well.

- Auto GB is quicker than on the Pro/Gold and requires significantly fewer pumps to complete the process. Steve said the first time he used it, he thought the unit was defective due to how little effort it required compared to the other AT models.

And that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

When hearing Steve talk about the machine, I was getting an Apple event vibe from it. By that, I mean he was talking about all these new features (backlight) like they were these amazing new additions, all the while I'm sitting here and thinking about all these other machines that have had them for years, now. But promoting and selling is his goal and job, so I can't fault him for it.

Some key points:

- Major YT channels (Hoover Boys, Nugget, Chigger, and Jocelyn were all mentioned by name) will be testing the Max in the next few weeks.

- While it's being worked on, the full-length ATM instructional video is still "at least a month" away.

- No current plans to introduce their own larger coils, but current third party coils are being tested and are expected to work as normal.

- All existing "AT" coils are compatible; no plans to introduce "Max" line of coils.

- Same mounting style for the control box; Steve did mention that it has been strengthened, however.

- Shorter battery life than the Pro and Gold due to the increased power consumption; no additional details were provided.

- A question was asked about just how the new tech increases detection depth; Steve didn't really answer the question directly, but did mention that he had a beech target that was about a foot deep while still producing a signal that he described as "screaming."

- Because of the unchanged mounting style, pre-existing third party shafts (Anderson was mentioned by name) that are Pro/Gold compatible will work as normal with the Max as well.

- Auto GB is quicker than on the Pro/Gold and requires significantly fewer pumps to complete the process. Steve said the first time he used it, he thought the unit was defective due to how little effort it required compared to the other AT models.

When hearing Steve talk about the machine, I was getting an Apple event vibe from it. By that, I mean he was talking about all these new features (backlight) like they were these amazing new additions, all the while I'm sitting here and thinking about all these other machines that have had them for years, now. But promoting and selling is his goal and job, so I can't fault him for it.

Great summary. Did Steve mention what the target at 12" was (coin or engine block - makes a big difference lol), and if it was on dry or wet sand?

Some key points:

In fairness to him , I'm not sure you would have a rep from any detecting manufacturer disclose how their machines do what they do and why.

Back
Top Bottom