Looking for an idea on what I should expect to pay for nonkey date IHs.

Midknight

Elite Member
Title says just about all of it. I stopped by one of my lcs's today and the decent looking nonkey IHs he wanted $2 each. For my purposes I just need a few with no corrosion/crud and OK details. Wanting to know if $2 is decent. Thanks hh

I would say the LCS has marked them up 100%, which would not be unusual.
I would pay a buck apiece if I were in the market, and I would rather deal locally than with ePay.

I would say the LCS has marked them up 100%, which would not be unusual.
I would pay a buck apiece if I were in the market, and I would rather deal locally than with ePay.

I'm not really an avid collector, but from what I've seen $1/per seems about right.

$2 is standard market price for most Indian Heads from 1895 to 1909 in Good (G-4) condition.
Front of the coin: Headdress feathers are without detail, All hair definitions completely merged, "Liberty" in headband is missing . The back of the coin: Leaves in the wreath form only an outline, Horizontal lines in shield are flat and missing, Knot holding wreath and arrows have merged and are no longer separated.

Skip very good (VG), same coins are worth $4 or more in Fine (F-12) condition.
Front of coin: Separation of hairline from her forehead is visible, All letters of "Liberty" are readable, Details at the base of feathers are sharp. The back of coin: Only a few of the horizontal lines of the shield have merged, Leaves in the wreath are noticeably flattened, however distinctly outlined. A clear knot holding the wreath is visible and arrows remain distinct.

For an Indian Head without any damage...if the coin has full rim and you can see any lettering of the word "Liberty", $2 is a good deal.

$2 is standard market price for most Indian Heads from 1895 to 1909 in Good (G-4) condition.
Front of the coin: Headdress feathers are without detail, All hair definitions completely merged, "Liberty" in headband is missing . The back of the coin: Leaves in the wreath form only an outline, Horizontal lines in shield are flat and missing, Knot holding wreath and arrows have merged and are no longer separated.

Skip very good (VG), same coins are worth $4 or more in Fine (F-12) condition.
Front of coin: Separation of hairline from her forehead is visible, All letters of "Liberty" are readable, Details at the base of feathers are sharp. The back of coin: Only a few of the horizontal lines of the shield have merged, Leaves in the wreath are noticeably flattened, however distinctly outlined. A clear knot holding the wreath is visible and arrows remain distinct.

For an Indian Head without any damage...if the coin has full rim and you can see any lettering of the word "Liberty", $2 is a good deal.

not the 1909, that is a semi kea date in red book valued 10-15 in g-4 depending on how old the red book is

KT purchased in this forum a nice range of decent non-dug IHs for $60 a roll, it was a nice spread of dates including a few early years, none on the 1870s, and with almost complete coverage afterwards. Very pleased with that price and the assortment!:D

Back
Top Bottom