Advice on upgrading my machine

goossen

Currently I have a Discovery 3300 that a bought 5 years ago. I have no complains, but lately I'm feeling like I can find more interesting stuff with a better machine.
I live in Germany I usually detect woods and fields areas.

What would you recommend?

It really depends on your budget. You can step up to the AT Pro/Gold series. You can go with a few different Minelab machines, or even the Deus. If your hunting areas are contaminated with iron (like nails) then you should consider the faster recovery machines. I would recommend you contact a forum sponsor, but being you are in Germany I don't think that would be all that valuable to you. Do research on certain detectors. Watch youtube videos. Good luck to you.

Currently I have a Discovery 3300 that a bought 5 years ago. I have no complains, but lately I'm feeling like I can find more interesting stuff with a better machine.

Your soil mineral levels should be considered in your purchase.

Do you have anyone close to that is at least somewhat experienced with detecting.

And yes,,if there is lot of nails or iron bits in your sites generally,,,take this into account too.

Best of luck on your quest.

Well 5 years, you are definitely ready to step up. I would think that the AT Probably would be a good next unit. The Minelabs are good but a bit of a learning curve. As TNSS says, soil will also be a big factor. Not sure what type of readings your soul would give. I am sure one of our members from your area will chime in with thier thoughts.

If you want a high quality, deep detector but don't need the target ID, consider Tesoro Tejon or Vaquero. I like both of them very much but use the lighter weight Vaquero more often.
Tejon will go deeper, Vaquero is a little easier to use. Very nice, used Tejon sell here for around $300-$350, used Vaquero around $250-$300.

if you have the cash a deus really shines in the old iron you guys have over there. Look up xp deus expert training videos and you can see them using them on your side of the pond.

If your on a tighter budget go for the AT pro or gold. Xp deus if your funds allow it. HH! P.s. report back with some nice finds!

Back
Top Bottom