Tesoro 5.75 Concentric Arrived!

Fish N Chips

My new 5.75 coil just arrived for my Tesoro Eldorado. I got another lower rod to go with it for quick change out. I have been using the stock 9x8 coil and have been having trouble in some of the more nail and iron ridden sites I have been hunting. I have read that the smaller coil can shine in these spots.

My first impression is the coil is small but not too small. I put it on and took it out to the test garden. I ground balanced it and I was able to get 5 inches on zinc pennies and dimes, and 6 inches on copper pennies and quarters. I was happy with this as my soil is very dry right now with our drought and hot summer. I turned the sensitivity to max and was able to get 1/2 to 1 inch more depth with the detector just starting to chatter.

I have bad EMI around my house due to power lines but the smaller coil seemed less affected by the EMI. I started getting chatter at the max sensitivity, but it was much more stable than my 9x8.

I tried the coil on a large piece of rusty iron and nothing! My 9x8 falses on the large iron at times, the small coil was quiet and the discrimination was right on. All the coined thumbed out perfectly on the dial. I did not notice any noticible loss of depth discriminating up to the max.

I have a feeling this coil will see a lot of use and am impressed so far. I look forward to trying it in the field and at my older sites to see how it performs. I am intrested to see how it works once we get some moisture back in the soil. It was 104 here today, I am ready for it to cool off and get out for some detecting! I have an old homestead and a CCC camp just waiting for me.

the small coils rock. the 5x8 for the atp has been my go to. the only time i go for the bigger coil is when i know im in a clean area.

Back
Top Bottom