ProPointer DIY repairs

NMsilver

Elite Member
There are probably old threads here about this but I searched and couldn't find any.
Anyway like many others, my ProPointer was starting to be erratic and nearly unusable after 3 years of hard use. I felt sure it was about to go kaput and I'd have to buy a new one very soon.
So what the hey, I'll take a look inside i thought. I'll probably break it for good just by taking the insides out, but that wouldn't be much worse than how it was anyway.
The insulation on a couple wires looked like it had been burnt off, and they were very close to each other, probably shorting. So I wrapped them up good with electrical tape and separated them with a tape wedge.
I was barely able to get the thing back together again (it took 3 times out and back in to get the power button lined up properly).
But you know what? That was almost 3 months ago and its been working great after many dozens of hours of use!
Anyone else done this, does it last?

Yeah mine started falsing after almost two years -

I pulled it apart but never managed to get it back correctly, so it was virtually stuffed (that's my hands for ya) -

I replaced it with a X-Pointer however the guy that sells the X-Pointers locally told me to send my GPP to him and he will have a play around with it -

Within a week the GPP was sent back & it goes like the day it was when new -

No charge = awesome, so its now a backup to my X-Pointer

Yeah mine started falsing after almost two years -

I pulled it apart but never managed to get it back correctly, so it was virtually stuffed (that's my hands for ya) -

I replaced it with a X-Pointer however the guy that sells the X-Pointers locally told me to send my GPP to him and he will have a play around with it -

Within a week the GPP was sent back & it goes like the day it was when new -

No charge = awesome, so its now a backup to my X-Pointer

Yeah, it seems like a lot of electronic fixes are sometimes very simple.

A few years ago, I found a nice DVD player by a dumpster and had a look inside. All it took was a thin cardboard wedge to tighten up the part that holds the disc and its been working perfectly for over 5 years now.

Back
Top Bottom