GPP Shrink Tubing Saves The Day

OleSarge

Elite Member
The sun was in the last phase of setting and the rain serously signalled that it was time to end my days hunt at the enormous Washington State Park.
It had been a great day of metal detecting and I was totally satisfied with the odd assortment of junk and clad which weighted down my dirty finds bag.
Dashing for the camper, I couldn't resist one last search in a day use only area of the park which hosts eight or ten picnic tables and a large public use pagoda.
Immediately, my ATP signalled that I was on to something amazing, and possibly one of the best finds ever.
Reaching for my trusty GPP caused my heart to skip a beat because instead of finding it nestled comfortably in its little holster, it was gone.
Over the day I'd walked several miles, many along trails struck through heavy brush and across marshes with nearly ankle deep water and weeds.
Because of the impending darknness and certainty of another drenching Washington downpour, I'd had made a mad dash the last mile or so back to the campground without using my ATP at all.
So, someplace along that route I had dropped my precious GPP and the thought of telling my sweetie that another $127.95 was needed immediately to replace it wasn't too pleasuring to my already stressed mind.
However, after retracing my route along the paths and through the marshes for nearly an hour, I was convinced my GPP was history, and I girded my loins for a lecture from my benefactor about better caring for my expensive toys.
As if by a act of magic and totally unexpectedly I caught a glimpse of red contrasting from the brown and green of the underbrush, and at that instant my bond with my beloved GPP was reestablished.
Rushing back to the campground I was so ecstatic I had real difficulty resisting telling my wife about my adventure.
Morale of this story....A tad of wisely applied, and relatively cheap, Harbor Freight Shrink Tubing allowed me to locate my lost GPP under otherwise nearly impossible conditions and I recommend anyone who is capable of losing theirs apply the modification immediately.

ATP/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT Handheld

Attachments

• GPP-1.jpg
    GPP-1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 269
Back
Top Bottom