good deal on Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II

ko57

Hello all,
About half an hour ago just purchased the QDII at Amazon.com, for $158, one of their many items that qualifies for free shipping.  I need to find a property marker, and decided what the heck, get a detector and then have some fun with it.  I had read the post about the guy and his cabin a few minutes ago. 

I had thought about getting just the basic BH VLF model, have read it is very sensitive, and found things more expensive models would not find, but did not read much else about it.  I did read many good things from users on the QDII (the same as the Pioneer 202). 

We have beaches at 25 and 40 miles miles down the road.  After reading about the different models and looking through the various forums I think this will be an interesting hobby as I've always been somewhat intrigued by this but never got a detector.  So between our yard, property, beaches and other public spots, this should be fun.  Can't wait to get it in.

My very first MD was a BH QDII.  Worked well and I found a bunch of clad with it at the beach and some wheaties in my backyard.  You'll have lot's of fun with the BH for sure.

If you're digging dirt, make sure you read the post on here on how to properly dig a plug.  Make sure you fill all your holes and take all your trash with you...  protect the hobby for everyone  :grin:

However, while it'll work in the dry sand, it won't perform in the wet sand / water.  It'll just false all over the place.

I knew just after one month that I loved the hobby so I went for a CZ 20.  Since then I've added an ExpII.  Haven't looked back since :lol:

I will read the post, don't want to mess up anyone's property. I'll bring a piece of plastic to place dirt on so I can easily replace it if necessary. I've done a bit of landscape photography and you really have to bring a small garbage bag nowadays to pick up trash (though hopefully small amounts) before you start shooting.

I'm excited, I think I got a good deal on the QDII, best price I saw online, about $21 less than everywhere else. I'll probably scan and practice in the yard a bit then try to go find the property marker, which should not be hard because the opposite marker on the N/W corner is there for reference, this is the S/W marker.

Question-

I heard from someone who mentioned that using rechargable batteries can void the warranty; anyone familiar with this regarding the Bounty Hunters?  I've found a website that sells 9 volts up to 280 mh, even 500 mh lithium type 9 volts.  I will look through my manual, supposed to arrive this Friday, to see if there is any mention of this. 
I like using rechargables for something that won't drain right away.  I've noticed a few threads on others using them for their detectors. 

The only thing that it says in the 3300 manual is to use alkaline, not heavy duty. The reason I imagine being is the heavy power drainage that the 3300 does take up. I only get 8-10 hours use at most. The reacharebale Ni-MH will save you a ton of money over the life of your devices! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom