Makro Jeohunter (Let the buyer beware)

jasanc

Thinking about the Jeotech, Big Mistake! I tried this detector on the beach and found it to be a scam. It does none of what it claims on the beach. It is unstable at any sensitivity level. It has a reset switch which the manual points out, u should use whenever the detector locks into an unstable state. I found that the Jeohunter will go into this state after almost every contact with metal or every few swings of the coil and what the manual doesn't state is that it is impossible to swing it correctly. The manual suggests that the sensitivity level be turned down when having trouble grounding the device. When u do this u hav no depth and the unit still locks up. The materials and build quality are very low grade. U would be amazed at how cheep this detector looks, feels and works. The false advertising targets the major problems that other detectors hav trouble with, like pull tabs, bottle caps and grounding. The sorting to distinguish garbage from good targets is done electronically, hogwash. The Jeohunter will identify bottle caps and pull tabs as precious metals. The Jeohunter is not worth the $2,000 price tag. In my opinion it is totally worthless for coin shooting and silver or gold hunting. Let the buyer beware.

Thinking about the Jeotech, Big Mistake! I tried this detector on the beach and found it to be a scam. It does none of what it claims on the beach. It is unstable at any sensitivity level. It has a reset switch which the manual points out, u should use whenever the detector locks into an unstable state. I found that the Jeohunter will go into this state after almost every contact with metal or every few swings of the coil and what the manual doesn't state is that it is impossible to swing it correctly. The manual suggests that the sensitivity level be turned down when having trouble grounding the device. When u do this u hav no depth and the unit still locks up. The materials and build quality are very low grade. U would be amazed at how cheep this detector looks, feels and works. The false advertising targets the major problems that other detectors hav trouble with, like pull tabs, bottle caps and grounding. The sorting to distinguish garbage from good targets is done electronically, hogwash. The Jeohunter will identify bottle caps and pull tabs as precious metals. The Jeohunter is not worth the $2,000 price tag. In my opinion it is totally worthless for coin shooting and silver or gold hunting. Let the buyer beware.

You bought this?....Wow....Where did you get it from?....

Sorry to hear about your poor results with the unit. Can you return it?

Pulltabs fall right into the gold range... there is no way around that... sure is a purdy machine you got there...

http://www.makrodetector.com/?t=Jeohunter+Basic&mod=product&Cid=152&setLg=1

As to bottlecaps all detectors can be fooled by them especially the rusty ones...

Should have purchased a Excalibur and saved yourself some money...

Back
Top Bottom