Read this before you buy a new MD!

coin chaser

Forum Supporter
I just bought a ctx from "Big boys hobbies". Its the third MD I've bought but the first from BBH. I pm'ed a few sponsors to get some prices only bart returned my PM?:?: He was on vacation at the time too! One other did also but was not a minelab dealer (I felt like a a$$:grin:). Bart gave me his number and said give him a call and we can talk. I called and talked to evan (gonehunting). We started talking pricing and I told him a price that I was quoted from a sponsor that's MIA. They made me a great deal on the MD. I placed the order Monday night and had the ctx on Wednesday night. Both Bart and Evan were fast to respond and tons of help. Evan even gave me his email address and cell number for any help I may need setting up the ctx or any questions. These guys know customer service. Great prices and great people. Give them a call before you buy a MD from anyone. I'm a BBH customer for life!

Thanks guys,

Coin Chaser

Last edited:
For the price of a CTX 3030, I would hope the customer service would be "above and beyond." :lol:

I had the same experience with Bart when I bought my E-trac, I would totally recommend him to others. Congrats on the CTX.

I'm only up to the Eurotek pro level, but when I make the next step I'm going to Bart. I've bought from him twice so far and had excellent service and he was very quick in responding to everything. Plus his recommendation of the Eurotek pro was great advice :-)

The 1 experience that I had with Big Boys Hobbies was not a positive one. I messaged several of the sponsors telling them that I was shopping around for the best price on a pin pointer and asked them for a price quote. Big Boys Hobbies told me that they would not give me a written quote but let them know the best price that I received and they would beat it. When I got the quotes from the other sponsors I messaged BBH again and told them the best price and their response was "Hi Jay! Where did you get that price?". After telling them where I got the price I never heard from them again. Another member here told me that the same thing happened with him. So now when I shop for the best price I don't even bother with BBH.

For the price of a CTX 3030, I would hope the customer service would be "above and beyond." :lol:
:roll: Are we going there?! :laughing: That's just what I bought. Keep reading and you will see others buying other MD's.

I had the same experience with Bart when I bought my E-trac, I would totally recommend him to others. Congrats on the CTX.
Thanks man! And now the learning curve begins!

The 1 experience that I had with Big Boys Hobbies was not a positive one. I messaged several of the sponsors telling them that I was shopping around for the best price on a pin pointer and asked them for a price quote. Big Boys Hobbies told me that they would not give me a written quote but let them know the best price that I received and they would beat it. When I got the quotes from the other sponsors I messaged BBH again and told them the best price and their response was "Hi Jay! Where did you get that price?". After telling them where I got the price I never heard from them again. Another member here told me that the same thing happened with him. So now when I shop for the best price I don't even bother with BBH.

Sorry to hear that man. Like I said I gave them a call and was able to talk turkey with them over the phone one on one. Had a Email with the invoice by the time I was off the phone.

Last edited:
I just bought a ctx from "Big boys hobbies". Its the third MD I've bought but the first from BBH. I pm'ed a few sponsors to get some prices only bart returned my PM?:?: He was on vacation at the time too! One other did also but was not a minelab dealer (I felt like a a$$:grin:). Bart gave me his number and said give him a call and we can talk. I called and talked to evan (gonehunting). We started talking pricing and I told him a price that I was quoted from a sponsor that's MIA. They made me a great deal on the MD. I placed the order Monday night and had the ctx on Wednesday night. Both Bart and Evan were fast to respond and tons of help. Evan even gave me his email address and cell number for any help I may need setting up the ctx or any questions. These guys know customer service. Great prices and great people. Give them a call before you buy a MD from anyone. I'm a BBH customer for life!

Thanks guys,

Coin Chaser

Thanks Coin Chaser! Holler at me or Evan anytime! We would be glad to help you or anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom