• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finally - A Coinstar save

jimther

Elite Member
I've been striking out at local Coinstars lately, so I was pleasantly surprised to spy several coins in the return slot at the STAR Market this afternoon. All modern plus one Euro coin this time. Only got a couple silvers this year so far and my totals, to date, for 2019 are running behind my 2017 & 2018 hauls. Of course I've not been checking them as often either, due to disappointing empty return slots since late Spring.

In clad, got $1.32 plus the One Cent Euro coin.

Attachments

• IMG_2329-001.jpg
    IMG_2329-001.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 633
Well, OK then, SilverSeeker... We're good.
Do you partake in Rhode Island's state drink... COFFEE MILK? It's big in Southeastern Massachusetts too. I grew up a stone's throw from RI.

Jim

Well, OK then, SilverSeeker... We're good.
Do you partake in Rhode Island's state drink... COFFEE MILK? It's big in Southeastern Massachusetts too. I grew up a stone's throw from RI.

Jim

Nice finds Jim, been probably over a year since I've found anything in the reject slot. Someone must keep a close eye on the couple I check. I love coffee milk! I cant seem to find it for sale anywhere. All the flavors they sell in the supermarkets are vanilla,chocolate, strawberry, caramel, and cookies and cream :roll: maybe silver seeker has some insight on where they keep the coffee syrup stash down there in RI :laughing: maybe I can check the stah mahket down their for syrup and at the same time, check the coinstah? :lol:

Nice finds Jim, been probably over a year since I've found anything in the reject slot. Someone must keep a close eye on the couple I check. I love coffee milk! I cant seem to find it for sale anywhere. All the flavors they sell in the supermarkets are vanilla,chocolate, strawberry, caramel, and cookies and cream :roll: maybe silver seeker has some insight on where they keep the coffee syrup stash down there in RI :laughing: maybe I can check the stah mahket down their for syrup and at the same time, check the coinstah? :lol:

Jeff,

All the markets near me (I'm in Boston, near the Dedham line) have one or two brands of coffee syrup; either "Autocrat", "Coffee Time" or "Eclipse". Star Market and Stop & Shop and Roche Brothers here all have it. Ask someone who stocks the shelves.

Just Googled "coffee syrup brands" and Amazon sells it too. Here's a link and a photo of what to look for in your local market.

https://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Syrup...ocphy=9001994&hvtargid=pla-570195861756&psc=1

Attachments

• Coffee syrup brands.JPG
    Coffee syrup brands.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Jeff,

All the markets near me (I'm in Boston, near the Dedham line) have one or two brands of coffee syrup; either "Autocrat", "Coffee Time" or "Eclipse". Star Market and Stop & Shop and Roche Brothers here all have it. Ask someone who stocks the shelves.

Just Googled "coffee syrup brands" and Amazon sells it too. Here's a link and a photo of what to look for in your local market.

https://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Syrup...ocphy=9001994&hvtargid=pla-570195861756&psc=1
Thanks for the heads up Jim! I usually shop at 2 stores, Wal-Mart for household stuff and drinks, and big y for the groceries. I must remind you, my hometowns biggest corporation is Cumberland Farms :laughing: ill take a better look next time, if no luck, ill be ordering some! Thanks again! :cool3:

Jeff,

I drank that stuff when I was a kid, both the Autocrat and the Eclipse. We'd also use the syrup to make milkshakes. It's still being sold in supermarkets in my area.

Nice Coinstar finds Jim. The Coinstar machines around here have been slowing down a lot lately and my clad totals are down from previous years. Fortunately, early in the year I scored some silver coins, putting me at 16 for the year.

I drank that stuff when I was a kid, both the Autocrat and the Eclipse. We'd also use the syrup to make milkshakes. It's still being sold in supermarkets in my area.

Well, I'm still a kid, Ed. I wouldn't be without coffee syrup in the house. Where I grew up in Dartmouth, near New Bedford, Mass, there was another brand, SILMO, that was headquartered in New Bedford. Couldn't buy it in Boston, so my dad had to bring me some when he visited or I'd buy it when I visited him or other family down that way. SILMO brand is long gone though.

Only a couple more weeks in 2019 to harvest the Coinstars. My total this year is well below the prior two years.

Merry Christmas.

My best find this year in a coin star was a recent token from the local bowling alley to play the video games lol. Dang thing was still bright and shiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm still a kid, Ed. I wouldn't be without coffee syrup in the house. Where I grew up in Dartmouth, near New Bedford, Mass, there was another brand, SILMO, that was headquartered in New Bedford. Couldn't buy it in Boston, so my dad had to bring me some when he visited or I'd buy it when I visited him or other family down that way. SILMO brand is long gone though.

Only a couple more weeks in 2019 to harvest the Coinstars. My total this year is well below the prior two years.

Merry Christmas.

We never had the Silmo coffee syrup where we were. Back in the 1970's I was working in a supermarket and there was a restaurant next door that we'd go to for our coffee breaks. We all drank coffee except for one guy who always ordered coffee milk. I think more and more people are checking Coinstars and that's why totals are down but who knows...…
Merry Christmas to you too.....

It being Christmas and all, every time I check a Coinstar people give me a look like they need to come over and give me some money to help me out.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom