Three silvers and record wheat harvest

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
What a day of detecting!

I was able to manage my family responsibilities and still get 7 hours of detecting in.

Started the day with a pound of bacon (weekend tradition with the kids)

My first hunt was two hours on two 5-acre beanfields near home where the farmer just tilled on Friday:D
I found exactly one coin, a Merc, and a musket ball.

Then I helped my son install a medicene cabinet in his apartment.

Next up was a three hour scavenger hunt at a lagoon which has been drained. This resulted in the Barber dime and 10 wheaties.
Somebody else had been there, probably multiple somebodies, but I went low and slow:D

After dinner, I drove my daughter to a concert in Milwaukee, and this gave me two more hours to spend "swinging it"
I was able to save a GW and 6 more wheaties between the raindrops.

After church today, it's all yardwork...

Happy Hunting Everybody

Attachments

• 6-2-18 Kenosha Lagoon.jpg
    6-2-18 Kenosha Lagoon.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 398
  • 6-2-18 silver & wheat.jpg
    6-2-18 silver & wheat.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 405
  • 6-2-18 Merc bands.jpg
    6-2-18 Merc bands.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 401
Great save at the lagoon. Tons of targets and rare silver save as their is not a ton of them in there for some reason. I have not hunted the lagoon yet this year only the ball parks but I know who’s hitting it a lot.

Congrats again on the saves bro. Next time at the lagoon let me know we can meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You certainly had a great day and a busy one as well! Big Congrats! A day like that would put a big smile on my face. Thanks for sharing. I need all the motivation that I can get, so I'll get out and swing a detector in all this muggy heat we're having around here.

beephead

That is a man on a mission! And a ridiculous wheat harvest! Some guys get lucky,other guys put in the time to make things happen. Dogged determination is the route to go,you got rewarded for it Matt! Well done as always,and “it” is NEVER hunted out!:grin:

Congrats on the silvers, wheats, and a excellent hunt. Excellent time management with the family responsibilities to get some hunting in.

Great save at the lagoon. Tons of targets and rare silver save as their is not a ton of them in there for some reason. I have not hunted the lagoon yet this year only the ball parks but I know who’s hitting it a lot. I’ll be there tomorrow maybe or back to Racine to a school I been killing.

Congrats again on the saves bro. Next time at the lagoon let me know we can meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Mike, yeah, quite a few holes there yesterday. One silver is good enough for me:D
Nice hunts matmit! I'm guessing you also searched under that tree? ;)
Not yet, the grass is almost a foot high right now.
Wow great finds!
Thanks
You certainly had a great day and a busy one as well! Big Congrats! A day like that would put a big smile on my face. Thanks for sharing. I need all the motivation that I can get, so I'll get out and swing a detector in all this muggy heat we're having around here.

beephead
Good luck when you do, 50's here:D
Nice finds Matt! That merc looks to be in great shape
Yeah, pretty nice for a farm field

That is a man on a mission! And a ridiculous wheat harvest! Some guys get lucky,other guys put in the time to make things happen. Dogged determination is the route to go,you got rewarded for it Matt! Well done as always,and “it” is NEVER hunted out!:grin:
Thanks Kevin, truly a beautiful day all around:yes:
Congrats on the silvers, wheats, and a excellent hunt. Excellent time management with the family responsibilities to get some hunting in.
It just worked out...
Nice hunting! Congrats on the finds! That Merc is in great condition!
Thanks
Nice group of finds.. Congrats
Thank you
Sounds like you had a great day! :cool:
Thanks
You found some old stuff. That merc is in nice condition. Congrats!
Especially for a farm field, you just never know

sounds like you will sleep like a baby after all that fresh air.
Also a bit of silver and older copper under your pillow .👍
Good work Matt.
,Dew

Very nice digs mat! Barber must have been around water for quite a while..... looks a lot like those black toned silvers the beach hunters find.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom