What’s the difference

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Between a scoop for sand and one for freshwater? I’m assuming it’s strength but I’m not sure,I can’t even locate a scoop for fresh water,they all say sand....I’ve never water hunted because I have no beaches here in Pennsylvania.There is a place where people lay out tho by the park,we call that cracker beach.lol..no water there tho.
But I do have rivers and small creeks that I think might hold some old cans and if I’m Lucky some jewlery or coins..So,Ive been watching mud puppy and I figure if he can get out there,then so can I....so,what’s a good scoop for rocky bedded lakes and streams,preferably under a $100..All replies are appreciated,thanks.

Last edited:
Stainless steel, with a point, not rounded AND a lot of muscle and swet. River rocks are packed together and a challenge no matter what scoop you have. Even lake rocks with wave action are packed tight.

I would say shovel also until you find out what your dealing with. I've hunted a few spots in the rivers up there...I could have used a Jack Hammer. I used a 720 stealth and I swear it took me 15 minutes to get targets out from under the rocks. It is bad...so get out with a shovel first and see whats happening.

Ok, that's what I'll do.The river here in blairsville Pennsylvania is a old working river, settled in the 1700s..Not deep in some parts, chest at best..some parts deep pools...Got pics of places long gone that were set up all along it.
My only waterproof rig is a simplex, the others aren't waterproof..i think I'd sell it before I pay more for a scoop than the machine.lol.like putting lipstick on a pig.
I might buy a good water machine and sell the simplex for the accessory scoop tho.
Thanks for the ideas, and insight..much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom