My Clad Has Turned Yellow, Again

jack&jill

Elite Member
Times like these I wish I was a better clad stabber. Still I do pick my share as I search for the almost elusive hidden Silver. Years past I turned my clad into Silver Bullion and put it away. This last year I change directions a bit and purchased a Gold Coin and I followed through again this year. Last year I got a $5 Half Eagle and this year I got myself a Whole Eagle with the $10 Coin. Seeing I don't dig a lot of Gold it gives me another great reason to put the clad into the coffers. Teaming these two Gold Coins along with the prize I got from IDX Monster for last years oldest Wisconsin Coin I now proudly own three. The last picture is of all my Gold (14K) I dug this year. The Dime is only for size comparison. Trapper

Attachments

• 10 Gold .jpg
    10 Gold .jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 917
  • 10 Gold 1 .jpg
    10 Gold 1 .jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 903
  • 10 Gold 2 .jpg
    10 Gold 2 .jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 893
  • Gold 4 .jpg
    Gold 4 .jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 895
Ya they don’t make money like they did in the old days Trap .
That’s the best yellowed clad I ever saw!
Congratulations on the treasure buddy .
Got some weight in the pocket right there.
Love it !
,Dew

I stash my clad away for upgrades, but this is a very valid idea! Maybe once I get retired I can really start packing away the clad, silver and a few of those eagles

That is a very wise decision Trapper!
I fell in love with gold coins about 3 years ago and my collection is growing nicely.
There is something about the older gold coins I really admire.

Looks great Trap I might do the same this year to add to my gold coin collection as well!! A nice 5 or 10 would be nice! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice buys! I spend my clad as fast as I find it.
Thank you Vic for your reply. I still need to save a lot more clad as I still need to add the Quarter Eagle and the Double Eagle to the group picture. Trapper
Ya they don’t make money like they did in the old days Trap .
That’s the best yellowed clad I ever saw!
Congratulations on the treasure buddy .
Got some weight in the pocket right there.
Love it !
,Dew
Thanks Brad. Your right than don't make money like this. Those old coins had real value and the !!!! that is put out these days is pretty much imaginary value. No real backing. Besides the old coinage was sure a lot pleasing to the eyes. Trapper
I stash my clad away for upgrades, but this is a very valid idea! Maybe once I get retired I can really start packing away the clad, silver and a few of those eagles
Appreciate your comment JB. The first 8 years I purchased Silver Bullion with the clad but now I think I have a slight case of Gold Fever.I need to dig a lot more clad as that Double Eagle is not cheap. Trapper

I just had to stop back and look again👀.
Gold gold gold!!!!
Oh a 2.50 would be nice next year🤔
How much clad would that be?

Beautiful addition to your treasure chest Jack, thanks for sharing! Good to see a S mint mark just barely made it EAST of the Mississippi :laughing: one less for Tom to find :lol:

Great minds and all and all, I turn all of my finds into Sovereigns and Ducats.
It's much easier for me to save when I don't want to convert the coins back into fiat currency to spend them.

3sovs.jpg

Great minds and all and all, I turn all of my finds into Sovereigns and Ducats.
It's much easier for me to save when I don't want to convert the coins back into fiat currency to spend them.

View attachment 455251

Nice Trapper! Am going to get started cleaning my clad this afternoon. Guess I have about $400 or more to polish up. I do the same as many of you, I get some US 90% Silver, and I favor British Gold Sovereigns as my gold coin of choice.

Here’s a pic of the gold I’ve dug this year....

That trio is a sweet one Trap! Now...for the BIG one!
Thanks Kevin. Gold was again pretty darn sparse for me digging so I have to resort to buying it. Be looking at those thre many times over the next year. Trapper
That is a very wise decision Trapper!
I fell in love with gold coins about 3 years ago and my collection is growing nicely.
There is something about the older gold coins I really admire.
Thanks Matt. You know if you can't dig you just have to pay for it. Something about the yellow metal that is always to be admired. Trapper
Can't wait to see next years coin . Beautiful coins trap👍
Thank you Mike. I got to dig a lot more clad before the next one arrives. Just not the easiest task these days for this old fellow, but one that is necessary. Trapper

Trapper, that is one great looking gold coin..Theyre all great looking, but seeing that $10 gold just makes me remember why were all in this hobbie..Congrats, and thanks for sharing the pics.

My goal this year was to dig enough clad to get a $5 dollar Half Eagle. Well I did not succeed. The year started great but went down hill rapidly I may have enough clad to pay half the cost. Problems with my foot since August and the Surgery in early Nov sure did slow me down. My wife said I need to get you something for Christmas. Well I immediately asked if she would pay half. So it appears that I am off to the dealer to see what can be negotiated. Maybe Santa will visit me this year. Made a lot of liberals angry when I opened my Xmas present last year.

Back
Top Bottom