$350.00 less CLAD to find

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Greetings fellow members,

Since it is cold and snowing here in eastern PA, I decided to count/weigh my total coinage for year end 2016. These coins are only for approximately six months and not the full year. I got back into detecting when I got my new analog detector about six months ago after taking a three year sabbatical from the world of MDing...I know my mistake.

Although, the coins are nearly entirely clad but still treasures to me. I have found more rings and jewelry these past six months than I have in multiple years. Everything from gold rings to costume jewelry, US dollar coins and many very rare and collectable pulltabs.

Based upon weight conversions my grand total is approx. $350. Happy MDing to all in 2017...and may we all find our pot gold...soon.

2016 YE Coin Finds 001_small2.jpg

2016 YE Coin Finds 009.jpg

2016 YE Coin Finds 004.jpg

2016 YE Coin Finds 006.jpg

2016 YE Coin Finds 010.jpg

2016 YE Coin Finds 013.jpg

Last edited:
Now you know why they used mules to deliver the pay role back in the old days,,, :laughing:,,, Never wonder how much weight you find,,, I like that,,, Congrats on your find and Ideal to weigh ,,

like the idea if weighing the finds

Where is the weight on pulltabs & bottle screw tops, and pry off beer bottle tops , i am sure it was a big plastic tub.:laughing:

Where is the weight on pulltabs & bottle screw tops, and pry off beer bottle tops , i am sure it was a big plastic tub.:laughing:

I sold a coffee can full of found lead fishing weight scrap bycatch at the Wifes garage sale this year to some old damn guy..I bet it weighed 10lbs...I got $8 for it!! I dont know who took advantage of who, but we were both happy, it made me feel good to unload it, and it was sort of funny to see the look on my Wifes face as he handed me the money!...She was sitting there all pist off trying to move her tupperware and those damn beanie babies!...:laughing::laughing:
Mud

lead weight

I sold a coffee can full of found lead fishing weight scrap bycatch at the Wifes garage sale this year to some old damn guy..I bet it weighed 10lbs...I got $8 for it!! I dont know who took advantage of who, but we were both happy, it made me feel good to unload it, and it was sort of funny to see the look on my Wifes face as he handed me the money!...She was sitting there all pist off trying to move her tupperware and those damn beanie babies!...:laughing::laughing:
Mud

I was following your story till you got to the part where the wife gave you the money. Does that happen in the real world , i would have never see the cash.:laughing:

Actually, I usually place the aluminum canslaw with my weekly recycling bin but the copper, lead and brass goes to the salvage yard for a few extra bucks. Sometimes I find more copper scrap than I do coins.

KT looked at that 9 pounds of pennies and His Royal Back started aching! :laughing::laughing: Ye Gads! But like you, KT cannot pass up a strong signal, penny or not! :lol::lol: A unique way of listing your totals! It was enlightening! And a great total for only 1/2 year MDing! Royal Wishes of continued success in your MDing efforts!

Mud

I'll take that lead next time Mud , I think you came out on top on that deal . $id hafta check the going s c r a p price though .
HH , Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1401.jpg
    IMG_1401.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 309
:lol:
Hopefully I learned a thing or two from you last time and I won't be leaving you ALL the quarters from now on!

Interesting way to measure up. Let us know if you coinstar them, and how close your estimates were. way to go on the digs!

Back
Top Bottom