Detector storage?

mws_1984

Elite Member
So I haven't hunted in a couple months. Probably won't get out until spring. So is it safe to store my detector in an unheated garage? Or should I bring it in and put it in the closet? Space is at a premium in the house so my stuff usually stays in the garage.
I have the batteries out, but I'm thinking of how cold it gets in winter and such. I may just bring it in and fold it down small so it will fit somewhere.

I’ll make sure I also bring mine in during the winter months - doesn’t get all that cold here on the coast of NC. BTW - my bass boat is in the garage and wife’s BMW stays outside. Oh yeah!!! :lol:

Mine stay in a utility room (part of the house). However, if you need a place to keep it indoors, the back corner of a closet works great. To keep it off the floor, I'd suggest looking at the hooks that are made for hanging tools on the wall of your garage. Kind of a spring clip set up, that the detector would hang flat against the wall and stay out of the way of coats or shirts, etc. GL & HH

Well there is always the option of making a mount for the wall above your bed so you always know where it is and it's the first thing you see when you wake up.:) But that's what I would do instead of the garage if I didn't have closet space. :)

move some of the clothes outa the closet and into the garage to make room for your machine :lol:

Back
Top Bottom