New Member Introduction (living in Salinas, Ca - from Alabama)

Chaseathompson

Hello all,

I have owned a metal detector (White's Coinmaster GT) for about 4-5 years now, and have gone on several 'hunts' with my younger kids. (My wife and I have 5: 8-19 yrs old.) Our hunts have never been super successful - dug way more trash than treasure, but we enjoy being outside and the whole idea of treasure hunting,' so we keep going. I have a lot to learn! Recently I decided to become a little more serious and bought an Equinox 800, which arrives tomorrow/May 7, 2020.

I am hoping to find enough gold and relics to buy an island or two...or at least a tiny nugget and some interesting coins. ;)

I'm in the Monterey/Salinas area, and would love - in this time of social distancing - a few tips on good places to take the kids hunting.

My best find - other than some mostly clad coins -was a brass plate found in a lake in Alabama with Pope John's name on it. (Not Pope John Paul II, but Pope John - I believe John XXIII)

I'm in my latter 40s, married to Janet, and my whole family was born in and around Birmingham, Alabama, where we lived in the Pinson/Trussville area. I'm a pastor, and pastored in Alabama for a little over 20 years, until God called us to go West, and I now pastor Valley Baptist Church in Salinas, CA. Look forward to getting to know you all - especially when the quarantine lifts!

I'm also a daily podcaster, so check out the Bible Reading Podcast on Apple podcasts, or anywhere. www.Biblereadingpodcast.com

Sir:
Welcome !

Your MD with your family. You already found gold !

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Welcome from Salinas/ Monterey area. The rates here are reasonable for fellow locals: You pay me 30% of all your finds ;) Maybe we'll bump into each other.

My parents are from California but now live in Alabama. [emoji1]

Welcome. I hope you left some things in Alabama to dig up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from So.Cal. Glad to see more subjects moving into Tom's Turf. He's the man and will help you out ! PayPal him in advance for faster response.

Thank you all for the welcome! Can't wait to find something interesting to share with you all.

@muskrat: What part of Alabama are you from? How long have you been here?

Hello from Pismo Beach. Once in awhile I get a wild hair and we head up to Monterey to grab some chow at Sardine Factory then crash at the Plaza. We just did it a month ago. Too bad we didn't bump into each other then, maybe next time.

Hello from Pismo Beach. Once in awhile I get a wild hair and we head up to Monterey to grab some chow at Sardine Factory then crash at the Plaza. We just did it a month ago. Too bad we didn't bump into each other then, maybe next time.

When you detect the Monterey bay beaches, just be aware that the rate is 30% of your finds. I accept paypal. :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom