Post Your 2019 MDing Goals

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
My goals are to find 100+ coins, $10+ in clad, 1 silver, & 3 wheaties. :grin: Not very high, but 2017 I found $15.75 and 1 wheatie, 2018 I found $10.40. So it would be nice to find some more wheaties and I'm hoping I find my first silver! :mder:

Hopefully, I will do a lot better this year, with my new Garrett Treasure Ace 300, headphones, & new digger from my gift exchange partner Silversmith45, plus my new Pinpointer my brother bought me for Christmas. :mder: We have enough equipment for our whole family to go MDing! :D

So, what are your 2019 MDing goals? :mder: Happy hunting and God Bless! :mder:

BTW... When you achieve your goals, feel free to post an update! :detector:

Last edited:
Mine is to find my first gold, and my first "real" jewelry. So far it's all been "junk", so I'll be happy with silver. That could be two for one though.

I also hope to find over 200 in clad (don't have the totals for 2018 yet, but it's under 200), and break out of the 20th century in coins. So far nothing from the 1800's.

Good thread Wolf-Dog! I think you will easily double your goal numbers in '19. I like the diversity of silver hunting, clad hunting, gold hunting, and relic hunting; so I will aspire to digging some of all that.
My goals are based on my 2018 totals, my advancing knowledge, skill, equipment, etc.; countered by the declining number of targets and sites in my area.
My goals will be 50 silver coins, more than one sterling silver anything, more than one gold anything, $200 in clad, and some cool junk...at least one "really cool" object. Oh, and to keep adding to my coffee can of lead, and bucket of brass/copper/bronze.
One more goal: to win Scuba's Bring on Summer contest. :D
Good luck to all in 2019!

My goals are to help improve the integrity of the hobby by joining all of my local historical societies and then promising them some finds if they are of historical value! Historical Societies can be a GREAT source of information about sites.
Get out there and join!

-Mike

Great thread Wolf Dog! My goals are to find a few silvers, and to really enjoy some time in the woods. I have not hunted there and since I have acreage it's a no brainer that I should be getting out there.
HH!

My goal is just to get out and search. Finds are just bonuses, besides, I prefer to keep my expectations low so I'm seldom disappointed. :D

My goals for 2019 are pretty much the same as they are every year.....get out as much as possible and beat my previous year's totals. My finds in 2018 were below my usual average so I'm hoping I can turn it around in 2019. In my 36 years of detecting I've pretty much found something of everything but as of yet I've never dug a Colonial copper coin or half cent so that would be a goal.

My 2018 clad total was $15.80 and the oldest coin was a 1957 nickle. My goal is to at least double that and add a silver coin. I found 3 silver rings this year so I am shooting for 1 gold ring in 2019.

I think I'll be going over all my old spots with the NOX 800 and see if I can figure it out...Someday, I'd like to find a Meteorite the size of a cabbage! $100,000 payday! I dont think anybody has found one lately? If at all?

Goal 1: Get rid of all the zeroes in my signature (:laughing:, that's either today or tomorrow's task)

Goal 2: Find 50 silvers

Goal 3: Find 2 gold

Goal 4: $1500 in clad

Think that's it, will see how many of them I'll achieve (first one should be easy, I hope)

Goal 1: Get rid of all the zeroes in my signature (:laughing:, that's either today or tomorrow's task)

Goal 2: Find 50 silvers

Goal 3: Find 2 gold

Goal 4: $1500 in clad

Think that's it, will see how many of them I'll achieve (first one should be easy, I hope)

Well, it looks like you've achieved your first goal already, that was quick! :lol:

I'm still waiting for all the snow to thaw, probably only 4 months of waiting left... :lotsasnow::snowtruck::snowballfight:

Meteorite

I think I'll be going over all my old spots with the NOX 800 and see if I can figure it out...Someday, I'd like to find a Meteorite the size of a cabbage! $100,000 payday! I dont think anybody has found one lately? If at all?

In 1930 a meteorite weighing 800 pounds fell 6 miles from my house, I believe it now resides in the Chicago Field Museum. I think this year I'll root around the field and look for some pieces. There were a few other pieces much smaller picked up by locals back in the day. Maybe they missed a few??

My goals are to find 100+ coins, $10+ in clad, 1 silver, & 3 wheaties. :grin: Not very high, but 2017 I found $15.75 and 1 wheatie, 2018 I found $10.40. So it would be nice to find some more wheaties and I'm hoping I find my first silver! :mder:

Hopefully, I will do a lot better this year, with my new Garrett Treasure Ace 300, headphones, & new digger from my gift exchange partner Silversmith45, plus my new Pinpointer my brother bought me for Christmas. :mder: We have enough equipment for our whole family to go MDing! :D

So, what are your 2019 MDing goals? :mder: Happy hunting and God Bless! :mder:

The ACE 300 is a clad machine. Go find a set of softball fields and hit the sidelines outside of the fences. You'll hit $5 in no time. :) Soccerfields, too!

And if you can find a place to detect that had a snowcone shack (like beside a convenience store) you could clear $10 in one trip. :)

Best of luck to you!

My Goals:
$1000 in clad,
10 golds of any kind
2 Diamond rings
40 silver "somethings"
150 rings of any kind

Bucket list for this year:
A ring on a necklace. That would be a cool find.

Cheers!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom