Pacivilwarluke's year end relic totals!

Pacivilwarluke

Elite Member
Somewhere between the north and the south..
As the snow continues to fall around us, I've decided to call the year for relics. I had a decent first year! I thank everyone who helped me along on here! Here are the totals:

Civil war minnié balls .54-.58 caliber: 54 ( one star base and one swage base)
.52 Sharps bullets: 2
Countless buckshot
Civil war buttons: 3 ( staff coat, staff cuff, eagle button back)
Flat buttons: 27
And a few assorted finds, a rosette, hut nails, bullet sinkers, part of a bag lock, whiskey bottle bottom, and a few colonial items.

Overall, a fun year! Next year my goal is to find a plate or a CS button. Stay tuned for my coin finds, I have a few real old ones!!! HH!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 748
very cool digs. love the cw finds. wishing you a short winter . and a great 2014. HH blev

Nice relics! I always enjoy your posts.......I hope you find a plate too. Good luck in 2014.

Luke, Big Congrats on a great year! You've dug some great CW relics! Also enjoy your posts, and appreciate the info you share with the rest of us on our finds. Hope you have a short winter and an excellent 2014! I'm sure there's a plate waiting on you! Chip

Luke, Big Congrats on a great year! You've dug some great CW relics! Also enjoy your posts, and appreciate the info you share with the rest of us on our finds. Hope you have a short winter and an excellent 2014! I'm sure there's a plate waiting on you! Chip

Thanks! I've had a blast digging! There's gotta be one out there somewhere!!

You've been a great help to me in my first year, thanks for posting and replying to my questions for ID's. I hope my son is like you when he gets older. x2 on short summers!

You've been a great help to me in my first year, thanks for posting and replying to my questions for ID's. I hope my son is like you when he gets older. x2 on short summers!

Sure! That's a really nice compliment, thanks so much! I'm glad I could help, it's amazing all the history that is out there just waiting to be unearthed, like that minnié ball. HH!

Congratulations on an awesome assortment of relics!
You said you are done relic hunting for the year, what else will you continue to hunt?

Really nice stuff, Luke. I've been detecting since 1976 but this is the first year I've got serious about it myself. Up until this year I just hunted school yards and parks now and then. I began doing more research this year in hopes of finding anything related to the Civil War. It's been a long process but it is beginning to pay off now. Our winters are generally mild here in southern Kentucky so I should have a lot more hunting to do.

I love looking at your posts and learning from you. It's obvious that you have put in a lot of time in study of Civil War artifacts and you are willing to share your knowledge on the site with those of us that have a lot to learn. Thank you for your valuable contributions and good luck in 2014.

Back
Top Bottom