First silver coin, 1948 quarter!

midotron

Thanks everyone who has contributed their knowledge here. It has help me pull this quarter from about 5-6 inches in an old pounded park in Indy this morning.

It gave me a clear 38 on the Minelab Quattro as I was griding a section of a field. The only other not trash finds were these two crusty pennies. One was masked by a pull tab so it surprised me to find it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_121830~2.jpg
    IMG_20200321_121830~2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20200321_121840~2.jpg
    IMG_20200321_121840~2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 201
Congratulations! If there is silver that big there, there are more.

Thanks. I have come across others plugs, but they have missed things near the parking lot/foul line of a diamond, like a costume ring, lots of pennies, keys and some clad. The problem is there is lots of trash, mostly pull tabs and can slaw. It is tempting to just go for the high tones, but I feel others have probably done some cherry picking.

Congrats on your first! Now that you know where they are hiding, it should be a little easier to find more. Old public locations were and still are a prime source for 98% of my finds... good luck out there!

Congrats on your first silver. First of many I'm sure. My first was also a GW, a 57. I got lucky, my first 3 were all from my yard. The old parks seem to still give up shiny, just have to hunt a little harder. Good luck, Mark

My first silver was a 1948 quarter this year. Did we just become best friends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom