EmerGency7

What are some of the best finds you’ve made with a BH Tracker IV. That’s what I have and all I’ve been digging is clad (only been out twice, but hit part of a 20s house). Just wondering some of the oldest and deepest stuff you’ve found with the Tracker IV. :?:

Don't get discouraged, sometimes even some older locations might not have the finds you think it would, but a big part of this is to keep trying various locations. Even with an expensive detector, if good finds are not in a certain location you can't find what's not there.

Anyhow, do a search on the forum for various threads on the Tracker IV, many people who started out with one (or still use one) were happy with how it preformed for an entry level detector.

Here is one thread I found:

Bounty Hunter tracker 4 HELP

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=273205

Also, check out this video too -

Bounty hunter Tracker IV

What are some of the best finds you’ve made with a BH Tracker IV. That’s what I have and all I’ve been digging is clad (only been out twice, but hit part of a 20s house). Just wondering some of the oldest and deepest stuff you’ve found with the Tracker IV. :?:

First machine I had and started with , very solid machine and I still have it. Never found any real old coins with it , but lots of clad, but I think that was more due to the locations I was hitting while learning. I did later add a 4" bounty hunter coil to it as well ,to help in trashy areas , around playground equipment and metal fences. First time I used the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV was on a vacation to the Philippines , shipped it ahead of me in a box so it was there waiting when I got there. Read the manual on the plane trip over , very long trip so plenty of time. Had no real ideal what I was doing but turned it on when we got the chance to go to the beach walking distance from our place over there . With in the first few minutes I found several coins and was hooked on detecting. Since then I have taken it back with me a few years ago with the 4" coil since the public beaches are very trashy. The tourist beaches on the other hand are fairly clean. My main detector now is a Fisher F4 with stock coil and a 4" coil , I also have a Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 that I picked up at Costco around Christmas for $85.00 on sale but haven't had the chance to use yet , should be very similar to my Fisher F4 .

I found all kinds of neat things with my tracker, including a gold bracelet (gave me that pull tab grunt). Found my first ring with it. Found several rings with it as a matter of fact. I kind of miss it although I still have it hanging up on my inside porch. I'd say it's only draw back is it's reputation. Some folks will say it's a toy, which it is definitely not. I loved my first two or three months with it. Very fond memories.

HDD

I started with a BH Prospector, which has a smaller coil than the Tracker - always wanted the Tracker coil instead of what my machine had. But I used it for a year or so. Found gold and silver and had a ton of fun!

Here is my first year with the Prospector:
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=176007

And my second silver coin I found with it. At a lake:
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=177010

Member Bentrod on here was super helpful on settings. Pretty sure it was like 1 or 2 o’clock on the left dial and 12 on the right.

Keep swinging and have fun!

I started with the BH Quicksilver which really isn't that much different with it's capabilities. Got me my first IH, silver and gold ring. It's more of a case of being in the right spot, a little luck and learning your machine.

I had a good time with the tracker. Its all where you look. It was winter and the lake was down and i pulled over 10rings with it, some silver, tungsten, stainless, and even one gold. I could even tell what kind of coin i had by how hard it made a tone. Was great for me to get me started. I wanted to do sea beaches and not worry about water so i got a AT pro later.

I had a good time with the tracker. Its all where you look. It was winter and the lake was down and i pulled over 10rings with it, some silver, tungsten, stainless, and even one gold. I could even tell what kind of coin i had by how hard it made a tone. Was great for me to get me started. I wanted to do sea beaches and not worry about water so i got a AT pro later.
thank you

The tracker is still my current detector after a couple years, and i like it. It certainly has its drawbacks, and can be frustrating but i enjoy detecting regardless of what i find so it hasn’t bothered me. I’ve found about 20 silver dimes, a silver half, 60 wheat pennies, several silver rings and one gold, countless other relics, and about $100.00 in change, and i only detect occasionally, usually on the weekend. On the flip side, I’ve dug far more trash than someone using a high-end detector would have, but it’s worth it to me. As for depth, just today i got a massive chunk of iron at about 14 inches deep. As for coins, it gets me dimes at 7 inches pretty easily, but my soil conditions are optimal for depth so it might vary depending where you hunt. Good luck with the tracker, if you stick with it, it will surely pay off.

Back
Top Bottom