• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hurricane Rosa

Hmmm, looking at the magic seaweed and stormsurf websites, it looks rather mild. At least for my part of CA (Monterey Bay).

But for your part of CA, any southern hemi "bump" can do some possible action. Don't forget to send me my 30% cut (I accept paypal) :laughing:

Yes, been watching and praying over this one for about a week now
but don't I get this, "No coastal watches or warnings were in effect, the NHC said." :?:
On Monday at least one surf report is predicting 10-15 ft surf. :wow: The tides could be better but I think that surf trumps tide in these situations.
Several weeks ago my clairvoyant wife booked a stay for us at a SoCal resort this weekend, just steps from the beach, so things are looking very promising! :yes:

Several weeks ago my clairvoyant wife booked a stay for us at a SoCal resort this weekend, just steps from the beach, so things are looking very promising! :yes:

Now THAT is love!

R5

... but don't I get this, "No coastal watches or warnings were in effect, the NHC said." :?:
On Monday at least one surf report is predicting 10-15 ft surf. :wow: ...

I dunno about the So. CA predictions, but .... Magic Seaweed and Stormsurf are painting a "ho hum" picture for our part of CA . So it might be mild for you too. (Relatively speaking). As for the "10 to 15 ft", that might be just for the surf-break spots. Or just for off-shore, etc....

But anything out of the acclimated norm can still be worthwhile. Ie.: even if the erosion is only subtle, it can still be worth it for you guys to scout the various beaches and see if any got eroded.

Rain event

Mostly , depending on the exact path, Southen Ca, Southern Arizona, could see 40 mph winds 5- 6 inches of rain, well definded cat 4 storm , hoping you guys get some sand movement, good luck , Earl

I dunno about the So. CA predictions, but .... Magic Seaweed and Stormsurf are painting a "ho hum" picture for our part of CA . So it might be mild for you too. (Relatively speaking). As for the "10 to 15 ft", that might be just for the surf-break spots. Or just for off-shore, etc....

But anything out of the acclimated norm can still be worthwhile. Ie.: even if the erosion is only subtle, it can still be worth it for you guys to scout the various beaches and see if any got eroded.

Action Recommended: Avoid the subject event as per the instructions

Issued by: San Diego - CA, US, National Weather Service,

...HIGH SURF ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM SATURDAY TO 6 AM PDT TUESDAY... The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a High Surf Advisory...which is in effect from 8 PM Saturday to 6 AM PDT Tuesday. The Beach Hazards Statement has been cancelled. * Waves and Surf...5 to 8 feet with occasional sets 9 to 10 feet. Strong rip currents will occur. * Timing...beginning Saturday night with highest surf expected Sunday afternoon through Monday evening. * Impacts...Increased risk of ocean drowning from high surf and strong rip currents. Rip currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Large breaking waves can wash people off jetties and rocks, and capsize small boats near shore. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A High Surf Advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in the advisory area...producing localized beach erosion and dangerous swimming conditions. &&

More Information

...HIGH SURF AND STRONG CURRENTS EXPECTED SUNDAY AND MONDAY... .South swell generated by Hurricane Rosa will bring increasing surf beginning Saturday night. The surf is expected to peak Sunday afternoon through Monday evening before decreasing Monday night and Tuesday. The swell direction will favor south facing beaches with the highest surf.

The NWS doesn't mention anything over 10 ft. but 10 ft. should move a little sand somewhere! :yes:

I hope this moves some sand :cool: we need a decent storm season, last years winter was horrible :no: Hope to get out and find some areas that are producing but sounds like i may have to go south To Lowtides neck of the woods :yes: Compass LMK if ya end up going south and want a hunting buddy :yes:

Stay put.. I'll let you know how the hunting goes. :p Besides the bathrooms are MUCH better down south.

I hear ya. I was at 3 different beaches on a decent low tide up to my shoulders in the water and didn't get more than a couple of bottle caps. This was at 3 different beaches 3 consecutive days with the NOX. I thought it wasn't turned on for most of the hunt and had to turn up the Threshold to an excal hum to remind me that it was. Even my honey hole beach of constant reward(s) turned up jack squat... So, yes.... we need it right now.

I hope this moves some sand :cool: we need a decent storm season, last years winter was horrible :no: Hope to get out and find some areas that are producing but sounds like i may have to go south To Lowtides neck of the woods :yes: Compass LMK if ya end up going south and want a hunting buddy :yes:
Romy! Hard to say where the sand is going to move but the local surf forecast looks just as promising as the one down south. The beach orientation will be a key factor I believe. PM sent!

.... last years winter was horrible :no: ...

Yes. It was terrible up here too. No good surf/swells coinciding with good tides. The surfer website forecast charts, were always so abysmal, that I think I only got out, TO EVEN LOOK, just a time or two. Contrast to the year before that, where some beaches did get kissed by mother nature.

Hey, but look at the bright side romy : You did discover that inter-bay harbor beaches (where it's less susceptible to sand ins & outs, since it doesn't face the open ocean). I really enjoyed that video !

Action Recommended: Avoid the subject event as per the instructions

Issued by: San Diego - CA, US, National Weather Service,

...HIGH SURF ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM SATURDAY TO 6 AM PDT TUESDAY... The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a High Surf Advisory...which is in effect from 8 PM Saturday to 6 AM PDT Tuesday. The Beach Hazards Statement has been cancelled. * Waves and Surf...5 to 8 feet with occasional sets 9 to 10 feet. Strong rip currents will occur. * Timing...beginning Saturday night with highest surf expected Sunday afternoon through Monday evening. * Impacts...Increased risk of ocean drowning from high surf and strong rip currents. Rip currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Large breaking waves can wash people off jetties and rocks, and capsize small boats near shore. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A High Surf Advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in the advisory area...producing localized beach erosion and dangerous swimming conditions. &&

More Information

...HIGH SURF AND STRONG CURRENTS EXPECTED SUNDAY AND MONDAY... .South swell generated by Hurricane Rosa will bring increasing surf beginning Saturday night. The surf is expected to peak Sunday afternoon through Monday evening before decreasing Monday night and Tuesday. The swell direction will favor south facing beaches with the highest surf.

The NWS doesn't mention anything over 10 ft. but 10 ft. should move a little sand somewhere! :yes:

I look at this and all I hear is... "strong rip currents, strong rip currents, strong rip currents... ". :laughing:

R5

Interesting that there just arent any waves on the laguna webcams right now (9am). Weakest Ive seen in awhile... but its supposed to be big tonite?

Last hunt I tried the CTX just to see if any different than the EQ800 in these poor conditions. Not really, just a few things noticably deeper and none of the foil. Weird that it was a great beach day but few people at the beach.

Back
Top Bottom