• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

"Solid Gold" ring found today (another signet)

Owl Engineering

Forum Supporter
Me happy,

Got lucky again. It became illegal to stamp a ring "Solid Gold" in 1906 so jewelry manufacturers stopped stamping rings at the turn of the century since they did not want to get stuck with rings that were stamped wrong.

So, this is about a 1895 ring.

Lions on the side.

8.5 grams (probably 10k)

Fits me perfect (9.5)

Shown before and after polishing

Also found a 1905 Indian head penny and a 1914 quarter (plus some junky old mercs and 2 buffalo nickels).

Chuck

Attachments

• ring solid gold.jpg
    ring solid gold.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 640
  • ring july 6 after polish.jpg
    ring july 6 after polish.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 648
  • ring july 6 2013 not polished.jpg
    ring july 6 2013 not polished.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 642
Last edited:
Chuck what a find there. Little help here. How did you get it to clean up so well. I have a bunch a stuff I wanna clean up good. hh an gl -Joe

Nice Find's Chuck

Glad to see you have time to get out, how's my 820i's coming along :?::D, let me know , I have a crew ready to place order's :shock::lol::yes: your buddy Earl

GREAT find. I love those old signet rings.... it's one of those finds that just never show up in our waters...at least not for me. You are doing great with them this year. Nice going!

Hey thanks for the info! My camera doesn't work good at night. I found one and figured it was cheap modern 10k. Never tested it. Got a crack through a triangle with no mark in it. All it says is solid gold as well!:yes:

Attachments

• SAM_0553.jpg
    SAM_0553.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 507
Back
Top Bottom