• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another Gold Ring-Pictures and ?'s

Todd S

Hi All,

Here are some pictures of my weekend finds. The Burberrys perfume is an all metal container and very heavy. I know nothing about it other than I think it is very old. Thje company goes back to the 1850's. Any ideas?

I already posted the gold ring I found last weekend, and this is 14K gold ring I found this weekend.

The next picture is an old lipstick container (I believe)-also metal. Can anyone tell me anything about this?

The last picture- I have no idea what the bolt thing is-it doesn't appear to be manufactured?

Attachments

• This weekend finds 001.jpg
    This weekend finds 001.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 346
  • This weekend finds 002.jpg
    This weekend finds 002.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 354
  • This weekend finds 003.jpg
    This weekend finds 003.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 346
  • This weekend finds 004.jpg
    This weekend finds 004.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 340
Is the lipstick container tiny? Like an inch, inch and half long? It reminds me of the first sample lipsticks Avon came out with.

Congrads on another ring! :wow:

Seems like maybe you are holding your camera too close when taking a pic? Try backing up a little and then you can enlarge the item and crop it in a photo enhancing software.

Cool finds... wait, are they cool finds?
thinking.gif

I might need to adjust my screen the pics are so blurry, haha. Good stuff though! Always a plus to get a ring!

Congratulations! The ring looks like a keeper.

See if your camera has a macro setting. It will look like a flower-icon. This will allow you to take close-ups. When you are done, remember to turn the macro setting off again. (Some turn themselves off when the camera powers-down.) If you leave it on, any regular shots will look blurry.

HH

Rich

Thanks all! I will work on the pictures-it took me a long time just to figure out how to post them! :) Now I'll work on making them better! The lipstick is about 1.5 inches long.

Yep, that's definitely looks like Avon's old lipstick samples. My Mom sold it when I was a kid, many, many, many, many, many, many moons ago!!! I remember them!!

Old Char

Back
Top Bottom