spear head?

joshpughnaples

Went out for a short water hunt in the rain yesterday and found this not sure what it is but looks like some sort of spear head it's not steel but it's heavy any ideas on what it may be--It's about 8inches long, solid at the end may have been another part on the end,not brass kinda leaning toward fench post topper

Attachments

• 20130604_195111.jpg
    20130604_195111.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 387
Is it bigger than a bread box?

Is it hollow to accept a shaft? Is it copper or bronze?

At this point and going by the picture, it could be one foot long or a half inch..

<*)))>{

It is unlikely that this is a flagpole finial. These were normally manufactured in brass or bronze and the metal of the arefact seems to be iron? Flag finials were more of a conical shape rather than flat! I think this is a decorative piece and as suggested by some is a finial on an iron gate or fence!

It is unlikely that this is a flagpole finial. These were normally manufactured in brass or bronze and the metal of the arefact seems to be iron? Flag finials were more of a conical shape rather than flat! I think this is a decorative piece and as suggested by some is a finial on an iron gate or fence!

You maybe on to something with the fence finial.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 235
If the hole at the bottom is threaded, my guess is guidon spear. Just google guidon spear and look at the images, you'll probably find your exact model. When not marching the Guide (guy at the front carrying the guidon), usually unscrews the spear and puts it in his pocket.

Back
Top Bottom