Top Secret Fisher Manta Release Date News

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I decided to email Fisher today on the upcoming release date on the vaunted "Manta" and this was their response...:roll:

Attachments

• Fisher.jpg
    Fisher.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 924
I still see this machine coming pretty soon. They had the hardware.... so id say ready for production in like Oct..... just needed to do some work on the software. Ive been told they are testing it..... thats got to be nearing completion. I think its on everyones wish list ...... hopefully its not a Christmas wish list.:laughing: BUT man ...... have they gone silent or what? Is that the way to sell a machine??? At least before we were getting some info from JAG.

I still see this machine coming pretty soon. They had the hardware.... so id say ready for production in like Oct..... just needed to do some work on the software. Ive been told they are testing it..... thats got to be nearing completion. I think its on everyones wish list ...... hopefully its not a Christmas wish list.:laughing: BUT man ...... have they gone silent or what? Is that the way to sell a machine??? At least before we were getting some info from JAG.
They're building anticipation! :lol:

Attachments

• Coming-Soon1-1024x562.jpg
    Coming-Soon1-1024x562.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 785
Figured that one... Most on the web has been all speculation. The one that was using it, too many unknowns. The beach was using it at, how much competition, even the machines tested against were unusual choices. The finds really did not prove anything... Have someone that knows what they are doing at that beach with any other machine, what would be the results???

Ha...am I not whining enough for them? SS....like you said still speculation as to will it work as expected....and at what cost? Expectations often turn to frustration and impatience which puts us on the fence and some are looking serious at the TDI. Tax refunds in hand .... nows good timing in March. Spring break warmer and get a few out before summer to see if there are issues.

Ha...am I not whining enough for them? SS....like you said still speculation as to will it work as expected....and at what cost? Expectations often turn to frustration and impatience which puts us on the fence and some are looking serious at the TDI. Tax refunds in hand .... nows good timing in March. Spring break warmer and get a few out before summer to see if there are issues.

I totally understand that Dew, but I saw who has been hyping it on many sites. All speculation... The known is that the designer favored Foster machines, he built coils for the DS 3. Another favorite was the GS 5 which was the predecessor to a couple machines. But a high powered pulse in the hands of someone that actually knows how to use it...

But like I said to you, for where you are at, really don't know if it could help you. I am not one to just say get this or that machine. I always take into consideration where and how someone hunts... That is why I have issues when some will recommend a certain machine and not take into consideration what style of hunting they do. I will be in that area in a few weeks and use a couple machines. That will tell me bunch. ;)

The company itself needs a winner. That is just the reality of it all. I'm sure they are just as anxious to release the detector as we are to use it. Without this detector and it's potential where does First Texas turn to? Yeah they need a winner.

Goodmore....... i think this is a good move for Fisher .... doing a PI. Something Carl has wanted to do even at Whites. This maybe just the nudge to get some competition going.... ML needs a PI as well and they already years at making them.

SS.... you maybe right, but we wont know until its out what it might do here. But...... still nice to have IF its not just another more sensitive deeper PI. Just a junk magnet for stuff left by the VLFs and all that new deeper stuff. Again.... thou, who dont want one for these kinds of months just to play with especially if it equals Fosters machine? You know you want one buddy.:lol: Im trying to round out my machines...... Nox, 8000, and the Fisher. Every thing else im thinking of selling off (until the next greatest comes out :laughing:)

It is intended for one thing - gold at salt water beaches.

Nothing more - nothing less.

If you hunt other things - look elsewhere. If you lust after gold jewelry at the beach - cross your fingers, save your money. If Fisher decides to launch it - it won’t be cheap. Premium tight tolerance electronic and mechanical bits - niche market resulting in limited sales volume - it can’t be cheap - but then, neither is gold.

Is it here? No. Will it appear this year? Nobody who knows is saying and anybody saying - doesn’t know.

The company itself needs a winner. That is just the reality of it all. I'm sure they are just as anxious to release the detector as we are to use it. Without this detector and it's potential where does First Texas turn to? Yeah they need a winner.

That is a really good question... I am actually rooting for them, not just for the machine. Even though hindsight is 20/20 at one time Whites could have gone further.

Goodmore....... i think this is a good move for Fisher .... doing a PI. Something Carl has wanted to do even at Whites. This maybe just the nudge to get some competition going.... ML needs a PI as well and they already years at making them.

SS.... you maybe right, but we wont know until its out what it might do here. But...... still nice to have IF its not just another more sensitive deeper PI. Just a junk magnet for stuff left by the VLFs and all that new deeper stuff. Again.... thou, who dont want one for these kinds of months just to play with especially if it equals Fosters machine? You know you want one buddy.:lol: Im trying to round out my machines...... Nox, 8000, and the Fisher. Every thing else im thinking of selling off (until the next greatest comes out :laughing:)

I know Dew... Odd thing is Whites had the people there at a time to progress forward. Now a couple are tinkering on their own, one is at another company and another passed away... Even look at voltage, how it hovers around a certain number... Coincidence??? For me, take what is available and make it better... My coil building ability has gotten to level that even I am surprised...:lol:

It is intended for one thing - gold at salt water beaches.

Nothing more - nothing less.

If you hunt other things - look elsewhere. If you lust after gold jewelry at the beach - cross your fingers, save your money. If Fisher decides to launch it - it won’t be cheap. Premium tight tolerance electronic and mechanical bits - niche market resulting in limited sales volume - it can’t be cheap - but then, neither is gold.

Is it here? No. Will it appear this year? Nobody who knows is saying and anybody saying - doesn’t know.

Just curious, were you not the person starting threads on other forums all about this machine? Premium tight tolerances??? Really? Want to expand on that one? Would a ziplock bag be considered a premium tight tolerance?

All metal detecting in general is a niche market...

Since you are "in the know" how would it compare to a Deep Star 3 that has been modified, or an Aquastar or even a TDI Pro or "through hole" that both have been heavily modded with more than just the "Regs mods" or lowering the delay.

The "designer" was very curious about those machines a few years back. You have stirred this pot for quite some time. Probably more than one person is waiting, waiting on things that you have posted. Which may never actually come to pass and in my humble opinion is not fair to them...

I have not waited, I have taken what is available and gone further.

I'm still waiting for something that detects ONLY 24k in a salt water environment. If it has the ability to do that .. sign me up

The Manta

Most likely will.be my next machine, if the man jumps out of the plane, just hoping we don't have to wait like the Equinox to lay hands on the machine, id rather walk the plank :laughing:

I dont like that word IF Rick. IF Fisher doesnt intend on launching it this year....i for one would appreciate knowing that. I have to question the over pricing especially if i remember correctly.... they are already talking the NEXT one wont be in a BOX with knobs and it wouldnt be as good as the next one. So is it possible they will just hold off for a sealed box with digital upgrades or are they rushing it? Boy.....id sure like to have some kind of an update..... wheres JAG? He kind of put this out there and just disappeared.

How many put off buying a machine waiting on the Manta? Good marketing ploy. Now that tax refunds are arriving....................might as well go buy some other machine before you too old and weak to go detecting.

Sven..... i need something to make me put off buying a new machine.:laughing: Maybe i need to be asking Fisher to keep giving out tid bits that its coming and never do it.:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom