newbie in texas

806samuel

Hello all. I am Sam from Lubbock ,texas. Home of buddy Holly and Texas Tech. I recently bought a ACE250 and have found a few pennies but looking for that ever elusive silver. I have the sniper coil and the 6x9 . I am thinking of getting the larger coil too. I have used it only 3 times and pinpointing takes practice. I have dug up bottle caps and tabs too. The ace
had me digging up a bean dip lid thinking it was 50 cent piece. lol
but thats ok . If i dont practice i wont learn. I dont get discouraged cuz' i use it as a learning time to get aquainted with my machine. It seem to ID pretty good but all machines get fooled dont they? lol. There are a few places here to look but tnot too many. We have alot of areas with caliche here so the ground is hard. There are a few indian and soldier campsites around but on private property so i will need to get permission.They actually found remnants if possibly Coronados expedition near floydada. Now THATS OLD.Thats only open for archaeologist. Texas has a weird law that went into effect not too long ago where ,if any state official feels that you are taking relics from a "possible" historical site ,texas may confiscate your detectors and finds. So, hunters in TX beware. OK ,sorry to bore everyone. i will post pics on my finds. good luck

:grin:hello sam welcome the forum. i come down to texas quite a bit. usually the dallas area. have you found out any rules for the parks there? just keep on practicing with your tector, and you'll soon find its very addicting!!!!! again,welcome aboard and have lots of fun!!!

as far as i am aware of, as long as it isnt a STATE PARK . We hunt at city parks here and no problems,.Depends on city too.

Hi Sam, glad to have you aboard. I'm from Iowa where Buddy Holly crashed, that was a sad loss, him and the big bopper, are icons in the rock music scene, I hope you find more than pull tabs or lids, I know I have dug up my share. I still put them n my bag, makes the world a cleaner place.
You'll get the hang of pinpointing, and from what I am told and know a pinpointer comes in handy. I have dug holes where I kept getting a signal, but for the life of me couldn't find squat.
The other day it happened and I was determined to find whatever was setting my detector off, sure enough in this fine moss a penny dropped out :lol: I was happy, but I thought , that was allot of work for a penny, not even a wheatie. OH well
Welcome, and enjoy. smg

Hi Sam, I'm new here too, but I wanted to welcome you as well.  I'm using an ACE-250 too.  They're great little machines, and a lot lighter than the MasterHunter that I've been swingin'.  Anyway, welcome again, and am looking forward to the exchange.

LOBO

Welcome Sam. The Ace will do you well after a little pactice. Your sure right about detectors getting fooled but it's all part of the hobby. GL

Welcome, Sam! It's great to have another Texan on board, even tho' we're on opposite sides of the state. Can't wait to see your pics.
Gwen

Welocme aboard Sam, and good luck with that ACE250. It'll find silver for you, but the first one is the hardest. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom