K

kennymauser

Hi, I found this forum last night while looking up metal detectors. I don't own one yet but will soon. If anybody in this forum has any suggestions as to the type I might need I would appreciate any and all help! I live in Montana and have many places I have found while hunting that I know nobody has ever paid any attention to. Mostly old homesteads, school sites etc. I hope I can get some good info about what I need to get started.
Thanks for listening,
Ken

Welcome Ken. What kind of money are you wanting to spend? Are you hunting coins relics or jewelry? You can check out TC Metal Detectors I think they have a banner on here you can click on. I've never dealt with them but Tony seems to be very imformative. You could also check out kellyco. Welcome to the madness.

Hello Ken, welcome! There are a lot of really good detectors around, so it pays to do your homework, and find out what may be most suited for the type of detecting you want to do. Personally, I use a Minelab Quattro MP. It's a digital detector with 28 frquencies. A very deep machine at the beach, I've gone down 2 and a half feet for coins, and on the goldfields, I've pulled out great relics and coins down to 14inches. There's a bit of a learning curb with it, and the Explorer 2, which I also use from time to time, but they're both great machines.
HH Angela :grin:

Hi Ken. Check out my site www.tcmetaldetectors.com. There are a lot things to look at there as far as detectors and I can answer any questions you may have. Also look to the people of this forum , there are none better :yes:. Let me know if I can help you in your decision. :yes:

Welcome to the forums. You can check out the All About Detectors area as there is a lot of information there about detectors.

Back
Top Bottom